NFC Divisional Round: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (10-8) @ Detroit Lions (13-5)

52 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don't think Lions even actually booed Stafford. They booed the Rams.

It's not like a picture of Stafford was shown on the big screen, or his injury report appeared on the screen and people cheered. Not saying those things wouldn't have happened, the crowd was rabid. But still. Differentiating boos of the opposing team and boos of Stafford isn't possible.

They showed the video of Stafford coming out of the tunnel...

The boos ramped up 20 decibels as soon as they spotted him.

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

He was leading the team though. I have no doubt they would have booed him by himself. Just like we'll boo Baker on Sunday.

But the "Jared Goff" chants ramped up 20 decibels at the same time, or immediately after the Stafford boos. Like 2 seconds afterwards.

No, this was all about Stafford & Goff. Not some generic opposition boos. "BOO" Stafford. "JARED GOFF, JARED GOFF, JARED GOFF!!!"

3 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

He was leading the team though. I have no doubt they would have booed him by himself. Just like we'll boo Baker on Sunday.

I wasn’t booing Stafford.  I was booing his kids.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Rams fans are really whining about that hit by Joseph. 

We would be too if their safety low hit LaPorta and tore his ACL. Kerby made a similar hit on Hockenson, he is a true kneecap biter.

Edited by NYLion

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

It's the NFL. You can't go high so what else are you supposed to do? Even Vikings fans didn't cry as much as Rams fans. 

Sometimes I think all of our griping about our bad defense makes me wonder - what are these guys supposed to do.  Can't hit high, can't hit low and even when a guy goes to tackle a guy with the ball, if that guy ducks into the hit at the last second, the defensive player still gets flagged for targeting sometimes.    The job of a  pass defender in the NFL is getting to be an extremely difficult wire to walk on.  

4 minutes ago, NYLion said:

We would be too if their safety low hit LaPorta and tore his ACL.

I’d complain about the league and their stupid rules rather than calling a player dirty for a legal hit.  

There's a saying for people that complain about stuff like this…being a little bitch.  

• Haha 1

Here is the Rams defender going at Laporta's knees. They already know he has a bad knee. The defender also has the sideline. He doesn't need to take Laporta to the ground. This isn't an open field tackle attempt. He just needs to bump him out of bounds. Instead, he dives for the knee. 

• Thanks 1

baker and the bucs are playing a lot better than they did the last time they played the lions.  they whoopes the eagles and the lions scraped by the rams in a game they could have easily lost.  otoh, the eagles are hot garbage and the rams were on a roll...but still.

they also posses the lions' kryptonite: a deep threat at receiver.  a good one too.  i'm very afraid of mike evans against cam sutton and anyone against kindle vildor. 

just like with the rams game, i think the lions should win because they're playing at home.  the offense can control the game and keep mike evans off the field.  

but he's still very scary.  🙂

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

It's the NFL. You can't go high so what else are you supposed to do? Even Vikings fans didn't cry as much as Rams fans. 

I think the low hits are more dangerous tbh.  I'm a Lions fan, I like Kerby, but I can also call it from an unbiased perspective and Kerby does have a little dirty in his game the way he hits. I also think that Stafford put Higbee in a tough spot on this particular throw so I think he should share some of the blame as well plus there was some bad luck involved with Higbee's leg planted into that awful turf.