Jump to content

2024 Detroit Tigers Spring Training Thread


Recommended Posts

Just now, Tiger337 said:

I am looking forward to everyone panicking when one of the pitchers gets crushed in his first outing.  Also looking forward to seeing which young hitter is making the all-star game after getting two hits in his first game.  

I'm looking forward to watching these guys play exhibition games in 80⁰ weather and then coming north to play in the snow for the first 6 weeks of the season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My much better half and I are going down for three games. This will be the third, and likely last, trip to spring training for me. We drive down from N.C. so it’s a bit of a task now days. Attending a few games in ST is great motivator for the season startup. 

I see in the picture of Keith’s locker that he has his ugly looking 2024 ST hat. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 1776 said:

My much better half and I are going down for three games. This will be the third, and likely last, trip to spring training for me. We drive down from N.C. so it’s a bit of a task now days. Attending a few games in ST is great motivator for the season startup. 

I see in the picture of Keith’s locker that he has his ugly looking 2024 ST hat. 
 

Have fun! We went down in 2012 for my one and only ST visit. I brought them luck, they made it all the way to the World Series!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Yes, he brought the warm sun of spring training to us for sure. 

He brought a lot of joy to us that couldn’t make it to camp.  He spoiled us.  Gosh, it wasn’t even game action or even practice field stuff.  Photos of guys walking to/from the clubhouse were sufficient enough to remind us that baseball and warmer weather were on their way up north.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recall years ago exchanging emails about a planned trip to Lakeland. He was an encyclopedia of information for visitors with questions. 
 

Was it last year or before this thread was titled something along the line of, The hueytaxi thread? Or am I dreaming this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I recall years ago exchanging emails about a planned trip to Lakeland. He was an encyclopedia of information for visitors with questions. 
 

Was it last year or before this thread was titled something along the line of, The hueytaxi thread? Or am I dreaming this? 

His wife posted on the old board as well. I think they were a host family to a number of players through the years (if I remember correctly). Just all around good folks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I met both he and his wife when I went to Lakeland.  Very nice people.  

I also met yoda and couga down there.  Not surprisingly, couga spent most of the time talking liberal politics.  I mostly agreed with him, but wow here we were at a minor league game surrounded by a bunch of old white male Floridians.  😀 

Edited by Tiger337
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I met both he and his wife when I went to Lakeland.  Very nice people.  

I also met yoda and couga down there.  Not surprisingly, couga spent most of the time talking liberal politics.  I mostly agreed with him, but wow here we were at a minor league game surrounded by a bunch of old white male Floridians.  😀 

It’s ok, they probably couldn’t hear you talking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...