2024 Detroit Tigers Spring Training Thread

51 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

City connect coming to Detroit in 2024. The spring training hats do not bode well.

I haven’t seen a City Connect uni that I really like yet. Some are just plain ugly. The ST hats are always crappy (read: Cheap) looking.

21 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I haven’t seen a City Connect uni that I really like yet. Some are just plain ugly. The ST hats are always crappy (read: Cheap) looking.

I gotta be honest.  I like the Southside jerseys that the White Sox have.  The color, the pinstripes, and the font work well together.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, casimir said:

I gotta be honest.  I like the Southside jerseys that the White Sox have.  The color, the pinstripes, and the font work well together.

I know they say honesty is the best policy but some things are better left unsaid  

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, oblong said:

As long as the team still wears their current home jerseys with the "wrong" D on the front, I don't care what they wear as it's all garbage.  I still cringe when I see highlights or photos with it.  

You're welcome to walk on my lawn anytime.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, oblong said:

As long as the team still wears their current home jerseys with the "wrong" D on the front, I don't care what they wear as it's all garbage.  I still cringe when I see highlights or photos with it.  

I heard a player say that when you dress good, you feel good. And when you feel good, you play good. Which I think is pure BS. A terrible player isn't going to play good just because he has a new uniform.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oblong said:

The appearance of the new D looks to be larger on the jersey than the previous D on the jersey. I think that’s one thing that makes it undesirable. I believe they went to the new D on the jersey the same year they enlarged the D on the hat to the laughable huge size. They got so much grief they reduced the size of the D on the hat after one year. I think they should reduce the size of the current jersey as well. 

I have an office in Lakeland for those not familiar with the area.

Several good spots in the area:

in downtown or within 1/2mi

Swan brewery, decent beer good location normally have a food truck check the web for what is there

Descent Brewery descent beer downtown

Revival, great spirits, excellent bourbon, rum, tequila and more, no food but can bring pizza in from palace pizza across the street.

Mojo's great bourbon selection good/decent food

1961. highend restaurant on the square

Screamin Tuna  excellent Sushi, owner is a packer's fan

Fresca's 

Harry's excellent seafood

Walkons on the northside solid beer selection and very good food, portions are large

Joinery; Lakeland's version of a food court with good restaurants and excellent bar(daughter works there).

Mission BBQ/4 Rivers smokehouse, on the southside bit of a pain to get there if not staying on the southside but excellent bbq.

Edited by SkyBlue
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, SkyBlue said:

Swan brewery, decent beer good location normally have a food truck check the web for what is there

Revival, great spirits, excellent bourbon, rum, tequila and more, no food but can bring pizza in from palace pizza across the street.

Fresca's 

Walkons on the northside solid beer selection and very good food, portions are large

Joinery; Lakeland's version of a food court with good restaurants and excellent bar(daughter works there).

Mission BBQ/4 Rivers smokehouse, on the southside bit of a pain to get there if not staying on the southside but excellent bbq.

Thank you for the information. 🍻 

24 minutes ago, SkyBlue said:

Fresca's 

Thanks.  This is not the year but at some point I'm going down for ST. 

56 minutes ago, SkyBlue said:

Fresca's 

Thanks!

Saving this info...!

22 hours ago, 1776 said:

The appearance of the new D looks to be larger on the jersey than the previous D on the jersey. I think that’s one thing that makes it undesirable. I believe they went to the new D on the jersey the same year they enlarged the D on the hat to the laughable huge size. They got so much grief they reduced the size of the D on the hat after one year. I think they should reduce the size of the current jersey as well. 

The old English D needs to be big enough for a tiger to walk through. This logo was disgusting;

Screenshot_20240215_110526_DuckDuckGo.jpg.5a1dbe5c107cad7952d075aea65f48bd.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

The old English D needs to be big enough for a tiger to walk through. This logo was disgusting;

Screenshot_20240215_110526_DuckDuckGo.jpg.5a1dbe5c107cad7952d075aea65f48bd.jpg

I have strict instructions to never ever get me anything with this logo on it.  Usually a family member will find something at a garage sale or something with it. 

In the trash it goes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1