March 2024 Game Thread

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

At 36, age has definitely caught up with him.

I get Yzerman's desire to add enough experience to help lead this team into the playoffs...

But for this team to grow, we need some kids to start taking over.

And on the right-side... that's Tuomisto.

I don't know where he is in NHL-readiness...

But it looks like the is being defensively responsible in GR (28 points in 76 GR games, +14...), is a big 6'5" defensive dude...

At the very least... I'm hoping he can take a spot away from Petry and/or Holl in the 2024-25 season.

The sooner the better...

I will reach a heretofore unexperienced level of frustration with Yzerman if Edvinsson is sent back to GR when Walman comes back. Talent matters more than handedness.

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

Caps would go 3 up with a regulation win the Wings on Tuesday. Philly already 3 up on the Wings. 

they need 4 points from the caps games.  anything less than 3 and theyre probably toast.

it really is a shame larkin got hurt.  

10 hours ago, GoBlue23 said:

If the Wings lose Tuesday, the season is over.  

Not even close.   Still 10 long games left.  Including the Caps visiting LCA once more.  Washington will start feeling big time pressure as well.    Wings close the season with a back to back against the lowly Canadians.  Caps close with TB, Boston, Philly.   Big advantage to the Wings.  

the wings had the easiest schedule of all the 8th place contenders.  then larkin got hurt and they lost ALL of those easy games.  now they have to beat good teams in order to make it which means they probably arent going to make it.

I don’t follow the Wings closely these days but it seems like Edvinsson’s arrival promises a massive upgrade on the number two defensive pairing. The Yzer-plan of having defensemen who are big and difficult to play against starts to take effect next season. 

What I don’t know is whether we should expect any other prospects to break through next year. Or whether they will be able to (or try to) re-sign Kane. 

On 3/25/2024 at 1:04 PM, Jason_R said:

... The Yzer-plan of having defensemen who are big and difficult to play against starts to take effect next season...

Aside from Edvinsson,

Tuomisto is 6'5".

Wallinder is 6'4".

Both have been playing, at least in GR, defensively responsible.

6 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Not a great game for the fourth line so far, seems like they're hemmed in the Wings' zone a lot of the time they're on the ice.

Please just don't  let the 4th line be out there with Petry and Chiarot. The Wings 'deadly five'

• Haha 1

Not Edvinsson's best period here, some giveaways and an ill advised icing.  But then you see him skating with the puck in the open ice or making a good pinch and it is all forgotten 😆

Nice to be able to watch the game a bit here, work and life has been crazy lately, so little time for hockey for me sadly