3/30/24 2:10PM EDT Detroit Tigers @ Chicago

2 minutes ago, casimir said:

The home run celebration sucks.  Sucks out loud level of suck.

That is so bad.  I get the teams do this now and the hockey stick and helmet was good because it showed camaraderie with your fellow sports team.  But now it’s just a ****ing advertisement for the corporate ownership?  So so bad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, oblong said:

That is so bad.  I get the teams do this now and the hockey stick and helmet was good because it showed camaraderie with your fellow sports team.  But now it’s just a ****ing advertisement for the corporate ownership?  So so bad. 

seems like Tork is looking to get some Franchises

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Considering the influx in gambling ads with sports maybe they can have a slot machine or something in the dugout and pull the handle after every homerun?

or they could celebrate without a gimick

• Thanks 2

While I dont like the gimmick I'm sure it's not for me or any of us old timers on here, I'm sure it's to cater to the younger audience who may find things like that entertaining. In that regard I'm cool with it cause baseball needs to do whatever it can to attract younger folks. 

7 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

or they could celebrate without a gimick

I guess it was overdue to become commercialized.  I was under the impression it was player driven and organic. But now I assume they will utilize the new scoreboard to show them celebrating then we will get the “pizza pizza” sound bite and cartoon clip. 

curtain calls will soon be sponsored