3/30/24 2:10PM EDT Detroit Tigers @ Chicago

13 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Seems someone here forgot to send Robert the memo.

Pretty sure I saw a DISCO SUCKS shirt in the background of the side view of the RHB at the plate camera shot.  That guy got the memo and aced the assignment.

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Well...........there goes the lead.      Hope Kenta's better than this.............

With all the young up and coming arms who didnt make the team, Maeda's job should have a short leash this season.  I get it's only his first game, but it looks like anything he throws up in the zone is gonna get rocked.  Cant survive in the bigs that way.

Just now, Dtrain72 said:

With all the young up and coming arms who didnt make the team, Maeda's job should have a short leash this season.  I get it's only his first game, but it looks like anything he throws up in the zone is gonna get rocked.  Cant survive in the bigs that way.

its alot of money to eat

11 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

its alot of money to eat

It is, but if he's gonna be this much of a gascan, then money shouldnt matter...especially with all the young arms that are near ready and chomping to step in.  Even I could hit those meatballs he leaves up in zone today...

Haven't been keeping up with Maeda but were warning signs in Spring Training? I know the last couple months of the season last year he finished as one of the best starting pitchers statistically but maybe that was all just smoke and mirrors. 

1 minute ago, AZTigersfan said:

Maeda needed that free out. He might not have made it out of this inning the way he keeps hanging pitches. 

He might not make it to June the way he's hanging pitches.

Edited by Dtrain72

4 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Maeda will be fine. Long season. Two year contract. Patience grasshopper.

Yup.  Doesn’t look like his day today.  Seems to be leaving too many pitches up and over the plate.  Now a leadoff walk to Fletcher.

Alright, this game is now an early chance for the Tigers to show some moxie and figure out a way to get a victory out of this.  No need to try to get all 4 runs on one swing.  But piece things together like they did in the first inning.  Plenty of time to get this game.