4/6/24 1:10PM EDT A's @ Tigers

It occurs to me that the first nine games of our season are all against the second-banana teams (White Sox, Mets, A’s) in three of the four two-team markets (CHI, NYC, SFO). That feels unusual to me, as in, that has not happened to any other team since interleague play started.

Edited by chasfh
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, chasfh said:

It occurs to me that the first nine games of our season are all against the second-banana teams (White Sox, Mets, A’s) in three of the four two-team markets (CHI, NYC, SFO). That feels unusual to me, as in, that has not happened to any other team since interleague play started.

That’s an interesting observation.  And then the next series is against the second banana of Pennsylvania, for whatever that’s worth.

7 minutes ago, casimir said:

That’s an interesting observation.  And then the next series is against the second banana of Pennsylvania, for whatever that’s worth.

Yea, but the drive from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh takes as long as the drive from Detroit to Chicago. 

15 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Yea, but the drive from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh takes as long as the drive from Detroit to Chicago. 

Depends upon your perspective.  Lots of hilly terrain in Pennsylvania.  Detroit to Chicago has a trip through Gary, Indiana.  Seems not equal.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, casimir said:

Depends upon your perspective.  Lots of hilly terrain in Pennsylvania.  Detroit to Chicago has a trip through Gary, Indiana.  Seems not equal.

I've spent about 50 years or so of my life navigating the PA Turnpike. Six hours in on a highway is still 6 hours. Still would rather deal with te Turnpike than sit in traffic on 80/94

18 minutes ago, TheWordIsBird said:

No C-Mo in the booth today, thank goodness. I will greatly enjoy not having to hear him intensely inhale 172x today before speaking/growling about something. 🙂

best news in awhile

• Like 1

Maeda’s thing is that he can get swing and miss better than most, but when they are on him, he gets clobbered. He came into town with that rep and he is doing nothing to dissmell that miscontusion. 

31 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Maeda’s thing is that he can get swing and miss better than most, but when they are on him, he gets clobbered. He came into town with that rep and he is doing nothing to dissmell that miscontusion. 

He doesn't seem like anything special. Good hitting teams are going to crush his BP pitches. 

You can tell Gibby likes working with Benetti, and Benetti appreciates Gibby’s reactions to his bon mots better than Craig Monroe's reactions.

The Tigers are in kind of a tough position with Craig Monroe. They don’t feel it yet, probably, but they definitely will long before the end of the season comes, and they are gonna have to make a decision, even if it’s doing nothing.

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

You can tell Gibby likes working with Benetti, and Benetti appreciates Gibby’s reactions to his bon mots better than Craig Monroe's reactions.

The Tigers are in kind of a tough position with Craig Monroe. They don’t feel it yet, probably, but they definitely will long before the end of the season comes, and they are gonna have to make a decision, even if it’s doing nothing.

he would be better off doing the Johnny Kane crap if someone has to do it