4/15/2024 9:30 ET The People of New York State's Supreme Court vs. Donald J. Trump and the Republican Party

romad1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, pfife said:

They seem to get transcripts earlier than the public.... she posted this:

image.png.dc69b5103132cd6ca94af97ab4f3abfe.png

There is always talk in big cases about "one juror", but it's not actually as easy as it's made to sound. You have to find the person that goes for one of your arguments, but that's only step one, you have to pick a person that goes for your arg and then stands up against the other 11 of his/her peers who become family for hours every day for weeks who are telling him he/she is nuts. It's actually a pretty tall order to win on a single a hold-out. You're more likely to need two or three to stand together to up your odds of hanging a jury.

Edited by gehringer_2

7 hours ago, pfife said:

They seem to get transcripts earlier than the public.... she posted this:

image.png.dc69b5103132cd6ca94af97ab4f3abfe.png

GMnbYw3W4AE6dWr?format=jpg&name=medium

Usually its an image of the device that the analysts are looking at.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

There is always talk in big cases about "one juror", but it's not actually as easy as it's made to sound. You have to find the person that goes for one of your arguments, but that's only step one, you have to pick a person that goes for your arg and then stands up against the other 11 of his/her peers who become family for hours every day for weeks who are telling him he/she is nuts. It's actually a pretty tall order to win on a single a hold-out. You're more likely to need two or three to stand together to up your odds of hanging a jury.

IMG_0795.thumb.jpeg.65ce2f4b212040d2353d7548379c9c08.jpeg

Edited by chasfh

6 min ago

Trump doesn't react as Hicks walks past him to exit courtroom for break

Trump did not react as Hope Hicks walked past him as she exited the courtroom for the lunch break. Defense attorney Todd Blanche was whispering in his ear.

Trump and lawyers are now leaving the courtroom.

33 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Seems applicable for this thread. 

I actually took that test, did fairly well on it but not perfect. Surprisingly I had problems with finding words that began with F under a bit of a time constraint. No names, no animals no profanity. I had to chuckle and did ask the psychologist if that was the Trump Test

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

I actually took that test, did fairly well on it but not perfect. Surprisingly I had problems with finding words that began with F under a bit of a time constraint. No names, no animals no profanity. I had to chuckle and did ask the psychologist if that was the Trump Test

omg. 😂. I laughed a bit at that.

Wondering when my doctor is going to trip me up with that during my next visit. 

I am older than dirt. I have more senior moments than I’d like to admit. …. But my cat doesn’t seem to notice, so that’s good.

• Like 1