4/15/2024 9:30 ET The People of New York State's Supreme Court vs. Donald J. Trump and the Republican Party

romad1

2 hours ago, pfife said:

I'm somewhat enamored with stuff like space x unmanned rockets landing on landing pads out in the ocean but a lot of other stuff seems way overhyped

As a space buff I am so conflicted about Musk in that regard. I wish he would just divest himself and let space X go on. 

18 hours ago, The Ronz said:

My question always about Trump is - why did we know him?

Why was some real estate developer so heavily covered by the media?

Was it the New York angle?

I remember Trump as far back as his involvement in the USFL and that has to be 40 years ago or so.

Who was the equivalent Detroit area real estate developer at that same time frame - the early/mid 1980's?

About the only name I can remember is Alfred Taubman.

Without looking it up on the timeline here is my theory.  Lee Iacocca became a celebrity. He had a national best seller.  A celebrity CEO.  trump saw that and decided to follow suit with his own book.  He would often call up the gossip columnists. As with anything, something that’s big news in NYC is pushed on to the rest of the country because the network news outfits are based there and it’s an easy story to sell. He was a fake “tycoon”. Throw in his marriage scandals and the tabloid nature… people ate it up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, oblong said:

Without looking it up on the timeline here is my theory.  Lee Iacocca became a celebrity. He had a national best seller.  A celebrity CEO.  trump saw that and decided to follow suit with his own book.  He would often call up the gossip columnists. As with anything, something that’s big news in NYC is pushed on to the rest of the country because the network news outfits are based there and it’s an easy story to sell. He was a fake “tycoon”. Throw in his marriage scandals and the tabloid nature… people ate it up. 

This works. Iacocca's autobio was released in '84, Art of the Deal  in '87. Ivana's divorce 1990. The wedding to Ivana in '77 had also been big deal in NYC.

• Like 1

Jeez,

Trump attorney: "There’s nothing wrong with trying to influence an election. It's called democracy"

"I have a spoiler alert: There’s nothing wrong with trying to influence an election. It’s called democracy," Donald Trump attorney Todd Blanche said of accusations the payments were trying to illicitly influence the 2016 election.

Pecker doesn't look at Trump as he enters the courtroom

David Pecker entered the courtroom from a side door. He walked behind Donald Trump's chair but didn't look at him as he walked slowly to the witness box.

Trump attorney Todd Blanche whispered to Trump after Pecker was called.

Might not be good for Trump if he is actually wary of looking directly at Trump.  Could mean anything though. 

Attorneys and judge are still in the courtroom

Defense and prosecutors are still in the courtroom following Judge Mechan dismissing the jury for the day.

Prosecutor Jushua Steinglass was asked to approach the bench over scheduling.

The good thing about having an organization like the National Enquirer doing catch & kill stories at the behest of the president is that in no way creates leverage over the president.  

• Haha 1

Tomorrow morning is the gag order hearing. And just tonight Trump again made more comments about the jury. This would never be allowable for any other citizen of this country. This man needs to be held in contempt of court, put in handcuffs, and put into jail tomorrow night.

this special treatment has got to come to an end. He is in contempt of court, the hell with these stupid monetary fines,  …. His ass needs to be in a jail cell.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, smr-nj said:

Tomorrow morning is the gag order hearing. And just tonight Trump again made more comments about the jury. This would never be allowable for any other citizen of this country. This man needs to be held in contempt of court, put in handcuffs, and put into jail tomorrow night.

this special treatment has got to come to an end. He is in contempt of court, the hell with these stupid monetary fines,  …. His ass needs to be in a jail cell.  

fingers are crossed

21 hours ago, romad1 said:

I bet he would love to take the stand but

Tuff guy’s not taking the stand. He’s just flexing for the base. They’ll forget he even said he would when he wussies out of it.

10 hours ago, smr-nj said:

I was reading an article somewhere recently about what would be involved in jailing Trump. Security and what to do about Secret Service protection in a minimum security prison or Club Fed as we used to call it.

Just wondering if there are servants quarters at Mar A Largo. Or confine him to a servants room in the Trump Tower. Better yet a trailer near his wife's grave in NJ

• Haha 1