4/15/2024 9:30 ET The People of New York State's Supreme Court vs. Donald J. Trump and the Republican Party

romad1

yeah, seeing a lot of chatter that a very possible "outcome" of the hearing we just heard was remanding it back to the DC court to define the categories of presidential duties which of course would be more of the delay that article talks about and also probably the single most corrupt outcome.  

That's the outcome that actually gives Trump and no one else some immunity

Edited by pfife

He's not going to jail.  Biggest sentence he'd get is home confinement (with a lot of exceptions).  I could see a possible short ban from from social media, but he'll have his people take care of that for him.     If he did go to jail he wins the election because it will be framed as political move and that will work (which means is kind of is immune to most anything).   The only chance of him going to jail would be after he loses the election.   And if that happened January 6th will look like a layup line before an NBA game.    Because we're a really stupid country and we do stupid things and we get the government we deserve, don't we.   At least the 50% of the population that bothers to even vote.   

Mike Judge is a visionary, but his vision only took 20 years instead of 500.   Get ready to start watering plants with Moutain Dew because the brainy liberals put mind control chemicals in the water (an actual conspiracy).........I read it on the internet,  must be true. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Thanks 1

This is like something out of Goodfellas when Jimmy asks Henry if he thinks Morrie tells his wife everything. He decided right then he needed to whack Morrie. Trump is sizing up whether he needed whack McDougall. 

Edited by Motown Bombers
  • Like 1

Merchan fines Trump for violating gag order 9 times

Judge Juan Merchan has fined Trump for violating the gag order nine times.

Trump must remove the seven "offending posts" from Truth Social and the two "offending posts" from his campaign website by 2:15 p.m. today.

If he doesn't remove them? 

7 minutes ago, pfife said:

I'd bet he doesn't attend and golfs instead

Cruelty is the point.   Otherwise, Eric and Don Jr won't know how to deny the charity funds to those kids with cancer. 

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

this must be the same as the gag order decision. 

OK, and what's Merchan going to do about it when he inevitably violates it next time? They're not going to throw him in the county pokey, are they? Because that's what he wants! Although I'm not sure that would have the effect of bringing moderates over to his side. After all, practically by definition, moderates don't have the same burning despite of government as people like Trump do.

I would guess that if they were to "incarcerate" him—which, I don't know whether they would actually go through with it, but if they were to—it would be at one of his suites in Trump Tower, and it's probably better than 50/50 they would allow him to maintain access to the press and communication devices, so he would continue to violate while "incarcerated", and then they'd have to escalate the punishment, and the more steps they are seen taking to escalate the punishments, the more it looks like the deep state is hammering him, and I think that might start bringing moderates over to his side. So, to avoid that, if they're actually going to incarcerate him, I would think the only effective way would be to rip off the band-aid and throw him into the county pokey right off the bat.

Edited by chasfh

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

OK, and what's Merchan going to do about it when he inevitably violates it next time? They're not going to through him in the city or county pokey—that's what he wants! Although I not sure that would have the effect of bringing moderates over to his side. After all, practically by definition, moderates don't have the same burning hatred of government as people like Trump do.

I would guess that if they were to "incarcerate" him—which, I don't know whether they would actually go through with it, but if they were to—it would be at one of his suites in Trump Tower, and it's probably better than 50/50 they would allow him to maintain access to the press and communication devices, so he would continue to violate while "incarcerated", and then they'd have to escalate the punishment, and the more steps they are seen to take to escalate, the more it looks like the deep state hammering him and I think that might start bringing moderates over after all. So to avoid that, if they're actually going to incarcerate him, I would think the only way would be to rip off the band-aid and throw him into the county pokey right off the bat.

He's likely facing the potential for incarceration post-trial.   It would otherwise be too hard to get through appeal.  That's just what the wags are saying. 

1 minute ago, romad1 said:

He's likely facing the potential for incarceration post-trial.   It would otherwise be too hard to get through appeal.  That's just what the wags are saying. 

Meaning they will have to sentence him to jail or prison in order to better survive an appeal?

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Meaning they will have to sentence him to jail or prison in order to better survive an appeal?

What I understood was that incarcerating him now stops the trial until they get through some appeal.  Marchan wants this decided soonest.  If Judge Marchan is going to levy a harsher penalty they will have to wait until Trump actually has a juror murdered. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, romad1 said:

What I understood was that incarcerating him now stops the trial until they get through some appeal.  Marchan wants this decided soonest.  If Judge Marchan is going to levy a harsher penalty they will have to wait until Trump actually has a juror murdered. 

So honest question: if the jury finds him not guilty, could Merchan then sentence him to the pokey for contempt? because I would definitely recommend against that.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

OK, and what's Merchan going to do about it when he inevitably violates it next time? They're not going to throw him in the county pokey, are they? Because that's what he wants! Although I'm not sure that would have the effect of bringing moderates over to his side. After all, practically by definition, moderates don't have the same burning despite of government as people like Trump do.

I would guess that if they were to "incarcerate" him—which, I don't know whether they would actually go through with it, but if they were to—it would be at one of his suites in Trump Tower, and it's probably better than 50/50 they would allow him to maintain access to the press and communication devices, so he would continue to violate while "incarcerated", and then they'd have to escalate the punishment, and the more steps they are seen taking to escalate the punishments, the more it looks like the deep state is hammering him, and I think that might start bringing moderates over to his side. So, to avoid that, if they're actually going to incarcerate him, I would think the only effective way would be to rip off the band-aid and throw him into the county pokey right off the bat.

Up the ante to $100K per pop instead of $1K per.

Edited by 1984Echoes

52 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Can they just take him out back and shoot him?

Asking for a friend....