4/15/2024 9:30 ET The People of New York State's Supreme Court vs. Donald J. Trump and the Republican Party

romad1

34 minutes ago, romad1 said:

33 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

The list of people who need a swift kick in the butt just keeps growing.

The written press, for sure, needs to use common sense in their juror descriptions.

And, honestly, the tv entities who are now part and parcel to the juror intimidation play by Trump , et al, need to be charged with jury tampering and then brought before a court and fined/jailed.

The judicial process is being critically injured here. 
When is “enough” going to actually be enough?

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

His makeup is starting to run. I would increase the temp every day by 1-2 degrees and watch him melt.

it was too cold but I get where you were going with this. 

It appears that for some potential jurors, their very temporal existence is in question. 

Prospective juror is excused after saying she doesn't think she "can be completely here and fair"

A prospective juror has been excused this morning after she said she has really bad anxiety and doesn't think she "can be completely here and fair."

34 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I think there's something to this.

I think he is certainly leveraging his critics' believe that putting him in jail will only help him to keep pushing boundaries to prove his power. But like everything else with Trump - it's a con. Throwing his ass behind bars it won't gain him one more supporter he doesn't already have and blowing up the facade of his invincibility will only depress the supporters he does have.

Edited by gehringer_2

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think he is certainly leveraging his critics' believe that putting him in jail will only help him to keep pushing boundaries to prove his power. But like everything else with Trump - it's a con. Throwing his ass behind bars it won't gain him one more supporter he doesn't already have and blowing up the facade of his invincibility will only depress the supporters he does have.

Plus...

He's too chicken **** to actually want to spend a single day in jail. For someone with integrity, they would do it on principle. That's not DJT.

He just wants the theatrics... without experiencing ANY real inconvenience.

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I don't know, completely—there is some evidence I've seen that people identifying as independent do believe there's something to the idea that the state is using its awesome power to hurt Donald Trump politically in this election, and that this is the main reason he's being prosecuted. I'm definitely not saying that his going to jail for contempt, being convicted and sentenced to prison, etc., would put him over the top in the election, or that it wouldn't lose him any supporters, because it would. But I can see how it would help him gain at least one more supporter he doesn't already have. It might be a case of something like, gain 1,000, lose 10,000, net -9,000.

How about if it were my preferred sentence:

Executed for Treason against Democracy, Treason against the United States of America, Treason against the Constitution of the United States. Would that gain him some supporters?

😁

(smartass alert...!)

• Like 1

You and me both, pal.

image.png.baa9f9204dd11feccaca8684d0a6fba4.png

By the way, I think this is the one Trump related case I think I could be fair and impartial on. This whole story is absurd, I don't really have strong opinions, and my history of officiating shows I can turn on the fair and objective side of my brain.

48 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I just watched the movie Civil War at the theater yesterday, and in one scene the one wizened journalist was talking about how dictators like Saddam and Ceaușescu, when you meet them in person, they seem smaller in real life. I wonder if Trump is like that when the cameras are not around? I remember he kind of came off like that the one time he was on Colbert during the 2016 campaign.