#23 Ohio Skool of Dishwashing and Playing with Oneself (in best schools for veterans) at #8 Michigan (in best schools for veterans).

romad1

Take the high road, but there’s definitely stuff that people said that spurred us on even more, sure,” Harbaugh said. “Sometimes people standing on third base think they hit a triple but didn’t.”

that's about as close as harbaugh will come to giving ryan day the middle finger.

• Thanks 2

bama's 5* qb recruit gets a milliom dollar nil deal.  why would he go to michigan?

michigan is one of the richest programs in america with a massive fanbase of very wealthy, football obsessed donors.  its one of the biggest, most popular brand names in college athletics.  and it refuses to use it to enrich anyone but the school.  get those kids some money!

Edited by buddha

11 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

Yes.....not only is whether of part of football, but Michigan is chronically disadvantaged in recruiting versus Ohio dtate because of the general weather differential between Ann Arbor and Columbus.   So it's only fair that we should get a weather advantage with some snow when they play up here.

Let it snow baby!

I have always hated the weather excuse.  Oh, did Michigan shut the weather off when they had the ball?    You both played in it,  should have been better prepared for it.   

26 minutes ago, buddha said:

NIL is the wave of the future and - as usual - michigan is behind the times as it still believes (or believes it believes) college football is pure.

I think you are mistaken on this.  The Stephen Ross et al money is apparently in full flow

11 minutes ago, buddha said:

until they change their NIL rules, they will fall further behind.  bama is getting kids paid hundreds of thousands and michigan isnt.

I think it has more to do with the playoff than the NIL rules. Every big school has sponsors and alums that will pay out the wazoo to make sure that they get the players they want. Michigan may be late to that party because they didn't get a head start like the schools who have been paying-to-play for years, but they'll catch up.

The playoff though is a joke right now. Even counting only the Power Five, you have a sport that only allows the "top" 6% of teams into the playoff. I put top in quotations because who knows how many #5-16 teams would have made a run if they were allowed to. The playoff format is what has allowed schools like Ohio State to continue to succeed with a trust fund coach like Ryan Day. You don't have to even try to recruit, you're practically the only place available if a kid wants to win a National Championship.

If the CFP ever finally adjusts, and allows for at least 20% to make the playoff (about 12 teams), I think we will see a fallout in subsequent recruiting classes, where kids will say "hey I can go to (Virginia Tech, Minnesota, Baylor, Stanford, etc.) and actually maybe have the chance to compete for a National Championship.", which will allow for the coaches of those schools to actually compete with Alabama and Ohio State. As it is, those schools (including Michigan as of late) cannot realistically say "come here to win championships". It's like a D1 to D2 difference.

Auburn is about to beat Alabama, barring a fumble or something like that.  

If this holds.........

1 - Georgia

2 - Michigan

3 - Cincinnati

4 - Notre Dame

5 - Ohio State (ain't dead yet)

6 - Oklahoma/Oklahoma State winner

7  - Alabama

Could be a nightmare for the Power 5 Cartel.   Two Non Power-5 teams in the playoff (even though one of them is Notre Dame) - or - a 2-loss team getting into the playoff, maybe even 2.  

I think this year's chaos is the catalyst for an 8 team playoff with each Power 5 conference guaranteed a spot and then 3 at-large bids.   

Edited by Motor City Sonics