#23 Ohio Skool of Dishwashing and Playing with Oneself (in best schools for veterans) at #8 Michigan (in best schools for veterans).

romad1

10 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I am thoroughly impressed at today's performance. This is a program changing win for Harbaugh if he can turn it into that. I haven't felt this way about Michigan since they hired Harbaugh originally back in 2015.

if they lose next week you'll be right back to saying he should be fired, lol.  😉

10 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

I am connected to UM by my siblings, two sons, a brother and sister in law.  I didnt go there myself, but I have always been a huge fan.  Today is the sweetest feeling I have had since the 1989 basketball championship.

1997 didnt do anything for you?

Just now, buddha said:

1997 didnt do anything for you?

It was great, but I was starting my career and on the west side of the state....my wife was going to UM but finishing her degree, we were engaged, and we didnt get to go to any games....while it was sweet, I didnt feel as personally invested.

Also, my 2 sons started to go to U of M 4 years ago....we went to a fair number of games, and have been mired in this stretch of losing big games, starting with the MSU punt fail.  We got to celebrate today and it was a very sweet time.  Plus one of my sons has had a terrible health break this year, so it felt like we really needed this more than ever.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Not in a hundred million years did I see this coming. I was completely wrong and doubted Jim Harbaugh and company all season long. I never had an ounce of faith. I thought they'd lose 62-30 and get rolled over. This was Jim Harbaugh's finest hour as a head coach. Simply a phenomenal performance by his offensive line, Haskins was incredible running the ball, and the defense got big stops when they needed it. Jim Harbaugh, Josh Gattis, Mike McDonald truly deserve all the props on this one. They out coached Ryan Day and they had their team better prepared.

I agree. Home field advantage was the biggest advantage, IMO.

When Cade threw that pick in the first quarter I looked over at my dad and said "here we go, here's where the meltdown begins." For them to recover and answer back from that turnover showed a different Michigan team than usual. The fact that we dominated the game like we did without a single turnover from Ohio State was really impressive too.

27 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

This really does feel program changing. I don't know if it will allow Michigan to flip the script on Ohio State and start picking off those 5* recruits, but it just feels like the most impactful win by Michigan football I've seen in my lifetime.

until they change their NIL rules, they will fall further behind.  bama is getting kids paid hundreds of thousands and michigan isnt.

1 minute ago, romad1 said:

Don’t be so sure

https://www.maizenbrew.com/michigan-football-recruiting/2021/11/26/22801253/michigan-wolverines-football-recruiting-visitors-list-ohio-state-game-2021-season

Jackson is coming off an official visit to Alabama where the Tide surged ahead in the race because of their NIL pitch. The Wolverines will have to knock it out of the park with him in that regard if they want to land the five-star. A competitive game with the Buckeyes will also obviously go a long way since Michigan has the long-standing relationships and fandom on their side.

While Goodwin is committed to Kentucky, he has been taking official visits to a few different schools, including Michigan State for the win over the Wolverines. I wouldn’t get your hopes up too much with Goodwin, as his recruitment is very NIL heavy.

28 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Weather is part of football.  

Yes.....not only is whether of part of football, but Michigan is chronically disadvantaged in recruiting versus Ohio dtate because of the general weather differential between Ann Arbor and Columbus.   So it's only fair that we should get a weather advantage with some snow when they play up here.

Let it snow baby!