#23 Ohio Skool of Dishwashing and Playing with Oneself (in best schools for veterans) at #8 Michigan (in best schools for veterans).

romad1

18 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Even with the Alabama win,  I think Michigan jumps Alabama

1 - Georgia

2 - Michigan

3 - Alabama

4 - Cincinnati

5 - Notre Dame (if they beat Stanford)

6 - Oklahoma State vs. Oklahoma winner

7 - Ohio State

I would put it exactly like that. But if Georgia, Michigan and Cincy all win next week and ND wins tonight, would the committee really  put 3 teams from the Midwest into the playoff? I think if Oklahoma St wins tonight and next week they get the 4th spot over ND.

Edited by lordstanley

12 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I would put it exactly like that. But if Georgia, Michigan and Cincy all win next week and ND wins tonight, would the committee really  put 3 teams from the Midwest into the playoff? I think if Oklahoma St wins tonight and next week they get the 4th spot over ND.

Could you imagine the following.   Georgia betas Bama.   Iowa beats Michigan.  Houston beats Cincinnati.  Baylor beats Oklahoma State.  Clemson beats Wake Forest.  Oregon beats Utah.  

Final Four ends up.....

1 - Georgia

2 - Notre Dame  (people would lose their minds because they don't have to play a division champion)

3- Alabama (2 losses but one to unbeatable Georgia)

4 - Who the hell would be #4?   

My guess is Notre Dame wins tonight and then 

Georgia clobbers Bama

Michigan beats Iowa

Pittsburgh beats Wake Forest (future Lion Kenny Picket shines)

Houston beats Cincinnati

Oklahoma State beats Baylor

Utah beats Oregon

and we end up with

1- Georgia

2 - Michigan

3 - Notre Dame

4 - Oklahoma State

COTTON BOWL  Michigan vs. Notre Dame

ORAGNE BOWL  Georgia vs. Oklahoma State

SUGAR BOWL   Alabama vs. Baylor

ROSE BOWL   Ohio State vs. Utah

FIESTA BOWL  Pittsburgh vs. Iowa

PEACH BOWL   Cincinnati vs. Oklahoma

OUTBACK BOWL - Michigan State vs. Ole Miss

TEXAS BOWL - Iowa State vs. Wake Forest

CITRUS BOWL - Wisconsin vs. Texas A&M

23 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Could you imagine the following.   Georgia betas Bama.   Iowa beats Michigan.  Houston beats Cincinnati.  Baylor beats Oklahoma State.  Clemson beats Wake Forest.  Oregon beats Utah.  

Final Four ends up.....

1 - Georgia

2 - Notre Dame  (people would lose their minds because they don't have to play a division champion)

3- Alabama (2 losses but one to unbeatable Georgia)

4 - Who the hell would be #4?   

I don't think a 2-loss Alabama beats out a 2-loss Michigan. If Georgia wins, the only way Michigan misses the playoffs I think would be if Cincy, ND and one of Oklahoma/Oklahoma St. wins out. If Michigan beats Iowa they will go into the playoff at #2, with the Georgia/Bama winner #1.

Edited by lordstanley

27 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I don't think a 2-loss Alabama beats out a 2-loss Michigan. If Georgia wins, the only way Michigan misses the playoffs I think would be if Cincy, ND and one of Oklahoma/Oklahoma St. wins out. If Michigan beats Iowa they will go into the playoff at #2, with the Georgia/Bama winner #1.

If a 2 loss Michigan were to get into the CFB Playoff should Michigan State make it over Michigan since they beat us?

5 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

If a 2 loss Michigan were to get into the CFB Playoff should Michigan State make it over Michigan since they beat us?

Nope, because it was a narrow road loss for Michigan at MSU, the 2nd loss would be in a bonus championship game MSU didn’t earn its way into , and Michigan played the conference’s perennial dominant team, OSU, 64 points better than MSU did. A 2nd loss for Michigan means Iowa would be ranked higher than the Spartans. 

5 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Fox pundits already using the weather as an excuse for the loss and why Stroud struggled. Stroud was 34/49 for 394yds 2TDs and 0 picks, it's not like he was terrible, it's just that the Michigan defense didn't let any receivers run free which left him no margin for error. 

5 hours ago, sabretooth said:

Correct

yeah, M didn't beat Stroud. He kept his composure despite the pressure he was under and they moved the ball even if M did force them to use more time on their drives than they wanted. The big win was M's O against the OSU D.  Between the points and the time of possession they left even a superlative OSU O with too big a hill to climb.

12 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

yeah, M didn't beat Stroud. He kept his composure despite the pressure he was under and they moved the ball even if M did force them to use more time on their drives than they wanted. The big win was M's O against the OSU D.  Between the points and the time of possession they left even a superlative OSU O with too big a hill to climb.

You just wanted to use superlative in a sentence, didn't you?    It's a pretty awesome word.