#23 Ohio Skool of Dishwashing and Playing with Oneself (in best schools for veterans) at #8 Michigan (in best schools for veterans).

romad1

I'm so glad I didn't have to hear that stupid fucking Buckeye Across the Field fight song, or whatever those slack-jawed troglodytes down there in Columbus call it, 100x on Saturday. I'm also glad to not hear Gus Johnson stroking out screaming TOUCHDOWN OHIO STATE! CHRIS OLAVE! GARRETT WILSON! CJ HENDERSON! 100x during the game. It took me three years to figure out why I dislike Gus Johnson and I realized it has nothing to do with Gus himself, he's a fine announcer. Instead, it's because all my memories of Gus calling games are Michigan losing to Ohio State. It's the same reason I loved Keith Jackson and Bob Griese back in the day. So woah nelly and amen to that!

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad
  • Like 2

Yeah Johnson is one of those announcers who you love when things are going well for your team but find annoying as all hell when your team is struggling.  I personally feel he over does things at times to the point it feels forced but I suppose that is better than an announcer that shows no emotion. 

43 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I'm so glad I didn't have to hear that stupid fucking Buckeye Across the Field fight song, or whatever those slack-jawed troglodytes down there in Columbus call it, 100x on Saturday. I'm also glad to not hear Gus Johnson stroking out screaming TOUCHDOWN OHIO STATE! CHRIS OLAVE! GARRETT WILSON! CJ HENDERSON! 100x during the game. It took me three years to figure out why I dislike Gus Johnson and I realized it has nothing to do with Gus himself, he's a fine announcer. Instead, it's because all my memories of Gus calling games are Michigan losing to Ohio State. It's the same reason I loved Keith Jackson and Bob Griese back in the day. So woah nelly and amen to that!

Ha, I was saying the same thing to my family.  I always found Gus Johnson to be annoying, but then I found him to be great during this game (Except that last touchdown where he had to be told by Joel Klatt that the OSU defense let them score.)

I hate that I didn't enjoy this one more because I've become so accustomed to the losses that I just expect something to go wrong.  Then they win and my first thought is, yeah, but they'll probably lose the Big Ten championship game.  Gotta change that and enjoy the ride. 

Interestingly, my Fox telecast was 5 seconds behind my radio broadcast. Which gives Brandstatter just enough time to catch up 🙂. I go by the TV audio 95% of the time but will check the radio to hear the reaction after big plays. 

I hope and assume Jon Janssen is part of the regular radio broadcast next year. Preferably on color like this season. Like Dierdorf and Brandstatter, he fills the role of an ex-player linking to the past, but 25 years younger. To me his voice actually sounds like a younger version of Dierdorf. 

6 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Very well done video by someone

Definite tears over that one.   Was starting to wonder why it could never be.  All we needed was a plan and the will to make it so.  The religious minded might also wonder if the snow was a little extra help. 

8 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

LOL - didn't see this here - posted same link in the general College thread with the coaches discussion there.

This is bound to frustrate the OSU fanbase even more.  They know the entire Ohio State operation is a machine caked in blood that feeds on the flesh of their workers.  Ryan Day would sell his own mother if he would net him more strippers and more blow.  

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

As expected the game drew monster tv ratings. 16 million viewers making it the most watched cfb of the season by a landslide. Number 2 was the Iron Bowl at 11 million and number 3 was MSU/ UM at just under 10.

i’m loving this