5/3/24 7:05PM Tigers @ Yankees

The Tigers Fans Vacation tour will attend this series. Recently the Tigers, in cooperation with a travel agency(s) do two road trips per year. This one was two days in Cooperstown in addition to all three games versus the Yankees. It also included one full day in NY City to do whatever you preferred.

I’m sure it would be a lot of fun. All travel, tickets, and lodging are covered to and from New York.

The second trip this year is in August to when the Tigers visit San Francisco. That itinerary looks like a good one as well. 

17 minutes ago, 1776 said:

The Tigers Fans Vacation tour will attend this series. Recently the Tigers, in cooperation with a travel agency(s) do two road trips per year. This one was two days in Cooperstown in addition to all three games versus the Yankees. It also included one full day in NY City to do whatever you preferred.

I’m sure it would be a lot of fun. All travel, tickets, and lodging are covered to and from New York.

The second trip this year is in August to when the Tigers visit San Francisco. That itinerary looks like a good one as well. 

Lodging included...wow, 2 of the most expensive places in the U.S. Has anyone on MTS ever gone on one of these trips?

29 minutes ago, 1776 said:

My sister is part of this group.  She sent a pic of Jason and Craig.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oblong said:

My sister is part of this group.  She sent a pic of Jason and Craig.

I actually called about this trip not long after it was posted on the site. I inquired as to where the seats were located for the games. The lady I had a conversation with about the trip details did not know the location of the seats. Do you have any idea about the seat location(s) for the games? 

50 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I actually called about this trip not long after it was posted on the site. I inquired as to where the seats were located for the games. The lady I had a conversation with about the trip details did not know the location of the seats. Do you have any idea about the seat location(s) for the games? 

I'll ask her during the game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Lodging included...wow, 2 of the most expensive places in the U.S. Has anyone on MTS ever gone on one of these trips?

Last years two trips were to Washington DC and Boston. 

Yankees are a top six hitting team with elite walking skills: 11% of plate trips, best in baseball. They also limit strikeouts and the fly balls go over the fence a lot. They have don't chase, but when they do they make contact. But, like us, they'll watch strikes go right over the plate. Juan Soto is absolutely crushing it for them; Gleyber Torres is sucking wind big time. And just think: he could've been ours. 😉

We're getting a crack at their worst starter tonight in Stroman, and he is extremely hittable in the zone. He keeps the ball low, but he does give up a lot of bombs, too. This may be as good an opportunity for Tork to jack his first bomb as he'll get this weekend. Clarke Schmidt is middle of the road, although I did see him toss six perfect in Scranton in August 2022. Nestor Cortes will be the toughest test, as he doesn't walk guys or give up hard contact, so good thing we have Skubal up against him.

They have a strong bullpen although their numbers are outperforming their expected stats, because they have the best BIP luck in the game. They don't strike out guys, and eventually the BABIP is gonna catch up with them. Clay Holmes is absolutely slaying as closer, though, so if we can keep him out of at least two of the games, that would be great. The more we see of Caleb Ferguson and Victor Gonzalez, the better off we'll be.

I like us to win two of three here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

It would be nice if Keith and Tork could go back to back in the fourth inning. 

It would be nice if I had $10 million too, and just as likely as them going back to back apparently. 

• Haha 2