5/5/24 1:35PM Tigers @ Yankees

25 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Greene is batting clean up today. I can't wait for all the grand slams.

The Book:

"Your three best hitters should bat somewhere in the #1, #2, and #4 slots. Your fourth- and fifth-best hitters should occupy the #3 and #5 slots. The #1 and #2 slots will have players with more walks than those in the #4 and #5 slots. From slot #6 through #9, put the players in descending order of quality."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kdog said:

My guess: if Tork doesn’t show a pulse in the next 4 games, he will be optioned before next weekend’s home stand

It’s getting to that point.  Obviously Meadows and Urshela factor into the team transactions as well.  And I wonder if Jose Abreu’s recent demotion might restrict any push back Torkelson might have on a demotion.  Maybe he wouldn’t push back to begin with, I don’t know.

51 minutes ago, casimir said:

It’s getting to that point.  Obviously Meadows and Urshela factor into the team transactions as well.  And I wonder if Jose Abreu’s recent demotion might restrict any push back Torkelson might have on a demotion.  Maybe he wouldn’t push back to begin with, I don’t know.

I read Abreu welcomed it and wanted it. That may be all BS though...I mean, what's he supposed to say?

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

The Book:

"Your three best hitters should bat somewhere in the #1, #2, and #4 slots. Your fourth- and fifth-best hitters should occupy the #3 and #5 slots. The #1 and #2 slots will have players with more walks than those in the #4 and #5 slots. From slot #6 through #9, put the players in descending order of quality."

Brad Ausmus wrote a book? God save us....🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Whelp, that called strike one that was easily an outside ball on Vierling already got me pining for #robotumps only two hitters in

Careful what you wish for. An uncalibrated robot ump could actually be worse. At least we can complain about human error now. When the machines take over and make us all slaves, we're screwed. 😆

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Careful what you wish for. An uncalibrated robot ump could actually be worse. At least we can complain about human error now. When the machines take over and make us all slaves, we're screwed. 😆

Funny you mention this.  Just accepted a marketing role with a company named Cyberdyne Systems.  They are doing some interesting stuff.

Edited by Tenacious D
  • Confused 1