5/7/24 6:10PM Tigers @ Indians

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Instead of bums, which is what we are. 

I see them as a .500 team.  Their pitching staff is as good as their hitting is bad.  I was thinking at the beginning of the season that they could be a contender in a weak division, but so far it's not looking so weak.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 2

In the early 1960s when I first became a fan — and even in the later ‘60s when batting averages fell — it was still unusual for a team to carry four guys in the starting lineup with a sub-.200 or slightly above batting average. you can’t have **** Tracewski (apparently you can’t use the short familiar word for Richard on our site), Don Wert, Ed Brinkman plus some other no-name guy all in the batting order failing on a daily basis but we do. At least these aforementioned guys made some defensive contributions, but being able to play a position should be a given, not cause for celebration. And although you have to adjust for inflation and what not, it’s still maddening that Tork signed for more money than Al Kaline ever made in his life. 

That's just so ugly...

So who is nicked up and not playing?

Urshela, Carpenter, and Canha too?

But Hinch has Ibanez of the .258 OBP leading off...?

Let me help you AJ:

Perez

Greene

Vierling

Tork!

Ibanez

Rogers

Baez

Kelly

Vilade

Just as ugly... But it makes oodles more common sense.

Ramirez thrown out at 3B but his helmet came off while sliding and almost caused him to be safe as Vierling first tagged that after it was off his head.  My question is couldn’t you still consider that part of the player?  He slid head first and in the bounce it came off.