2021 NFL Playoff Predictions..........

Motor City Sonics

There's no denying that the team that wins the coin toss has a huge advantage, sure you could say just play better defense but that's irrelevant to me, the fact is you're still at a disadvantage because of something you have no control over. That in of itself makes it a flawed system.

Sure there's nothing that you can do to make it 100% equal but you can do things to try to mitigate any advantages as much as possible. 

Btw I saw a tweet from Rappaport earlier that he retweeted from 2019, it said that ironically the Chiefs made a proposal to change ot rules then and either the other owners shot it down or the league did, can't remember which. Now 3 years later they are the benefactors from those people shooting it down.

Josh Allen's performance down the stretch of that game reminded me so much of a college performance,  Vince Young's against USC in the Rose Bowl to be specific.

Just the escapes he made to keep plays alive and how he just put the team on his back to win, unfortunately unlike Young he wasn't able to win the game. 

17 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I wish college football would score it like hockey does with shootout goals.   So if a game finishes 36-36 and they run it up like the graphic, only the final score would count............KC 43, Buffalo 36.   One way to avoid non-stop OT rounds is to eliminate the 1 point kick.......in fact, football should get rid of the 1-point kick for good.  It's boring. 

6 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I wish college football would score it like hockey does with shootout goals.   So if a game finishes 36-36 and they run it up like the graphic, only the final score would count............KC 43, Buffalo 36.   One way to avoid non-stop OT rounds is to eliminate the 1 point kick.......in fact, football should get rid of the 1-point kick for good.  It's boring. 

I just finished reading a biography of Dutch Clark and I was surprised as how often extra point attempts were missed back then. It did make things a lot more interesting score wise.  I know they moved the extra point kick attempt back a while ago to make it less automatic, but it's still pretty automatic.  

I just looked up the numbers and last there there were 1000 successful attempts on 1083 tries... obviously 83 misses or about 7.5%

22 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Btw I saw a tweet from Rappaport earlier that he retweeted from 2019, it said that ironically the Chiefs made a proposal to change ot rules then and either the other owners shot it down or the league did, can't remember which. Now 3 years later they are the benefactors from those people shooting it down.

I think I heard the same thing happened to the Chiefs against New England. New England got the ball and scored a TD, ending the Chiefs season without ever getting the ball in OT.

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I haven't had the volume on the whole time but 20 minutes into the pregame on CBS and they haven't talked about Brady.  

You know who did? SiriusXM NFL radio. Brady has a weekly show with Jim Gray. They have the promos for the next episode running every break. “Tune in to hear Tom Brady talk about retirement rumors.” This is a PR strategy he is orchestrating. 

7 minutes ago, casimir said:

So, I wonder what the arrangements would be if the Chargers and Rams are both top seeds for their respective conference championship games?  They can’t possibly play the same day in the KroenkeDome, can they?

If the Rams are playing the 49ers, the Rams might as well just play in San Francisco. This is an embarrassment. Stafford has to use the silent count at home.