Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Wonder what they would give for Teddy?

It would be so old Lions to trade your experienced backup who has learned your system when you are actually expecting to do big things and then see Goff get hurt and your season be over.

I don’t see any way they even consider trading Bridgwater for any realistic value they would get.

7 minutes ago, 4hzglory said:

It would be so old Lions to trade your experienced backup who has learned your system when you are actually expecting to do big things and then see Goff get hurt and your season be over.

I don’t see any way they even consider trading Bridgwater for any realistic value they would get.

Either do I, I was sorta being tongue and cheek since I know the Lions have no interest in trading him but Im also curious to know if there would be any legit interest and what they would be willing to give up if there was. 

15 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Either do I, I was sorta being tongue and cheek since I know the Lions have no interest in trading him but Im also curious to know if there would be any legit interest and what they would be willing to give up if there was. 

It definitely wouldn’t be a first or likely even a 2nd or 3rd.  I think the go with Wilson and sign someone like Flacco, Wentz, or McCoy to back him up.  They definitely aren’t going past next week with Tim Boyle as their backup 

2 hours ago, 4hzglory said:

It definitely wouldn’t be a first or likely even a 2nd or 3rd.  I think the go with Wilson and sign someone like Flacco, Wentz, or McCoy to back him up.  They definitely aren’t going past next week with Tim Boyle as their backup 

My guess would be Flacco, since he was already there once - Although, now that I think about it, maybe that's why they'd go elsewhere.

I thought the Jets would look back on this trade & regret it - I just didn't think it would be after 1 game.

Edited by djhutch

3 hours ago, 4hzglory said:

i think zach wilson sucks.  i think he was the most overrated college football qb prospect since johnny football.  small spoiled brat who lived off chucking the ball up and letting his receivers go get it.  he'll never make it.

i would still take him over those three guys.

Staying put and taking Carter was definitely my option A at the time but one thing we have to keep in mind is that assuming they didn't take him due to off the field concerns those concerns aren't likely to show themselves early in his career. 

The questions were about his motivation or being lazy, you're not going to be lazy or unmotivated in your first NFL game, we'll have to see how he performs game in game out throughout a long NFL season(s). But yeah if he plays anything like he did this week teams including the Lions are going to regret passing on him. 

I read today as well that even if the Jets find a potential trade partner for a veteran (or someone like Kyler Murray), their 1st and 2nd round picks next year cannot be traded, because the option doesn’t vest until the end of the season. They would have to re-negotiate the trade with Green Bay first, which wouldn’t come for free.

Edited by MichiganCardinal

Minnesota’s first-place schedule is not enviable. They’ve got Philly, LAC, KC, SF, and Cincinnati on the schedule, in addition to their divisional games. They really couldn’t afford to lose to Tampa last week. That said, I don’t think they’re going to take going 7-10 lying down. They’ll be a tough team as long as Kirk can throw the ball in the vicinity of Justin Jefferson and know that he’ll probably come down with it.

• Like 1