Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

50 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Starting to sound like those retirement stories were a bit premature. Multiple sources including Brady's Father are saying he is not retiring. This has the potential to get real annoying real quick. I don't want another Brett Favre situation. 

He's retiring from the Subway commercials.  

Oops. 

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

By the way.............3 new coaches..............3 White guys.............and 2 strong rumors of 2 more white guys in Houston and Las Vegas.     Minnesota, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Miami still on the clock - and possibly Tampa Bay?  I could see Bruce hanging up his headphones now.  

I have a feeling New Orleans will hire a black coach.  This way nobody will bat an eye when they fuck the guy over and fire him after a year to try and get Payton to come back.   

Edited by Hongbit

18 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

By the way.............3 new coaches..............3 White guys.............and 2 strong rumors of 2 more white guys in Houston and Las Vegas.     Minnesota, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Miami still on the clock - and possibly Tampa Bay?  I could see Bruce hanging up his headphones now.  

bears and vikings just hired black gms.

34 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Harbaugh interviewing with the Vikings   (To me it feels like a ploy to get a little more money out of Michigan).   I just can't see him being the Minnesota guy.   I could see Vegas.  I could still see Miami, despite what the owner says right now.  

If he goes to Minny, he's just looking for any NFL job. He strikes me as a guy who would take the near-perfect job (between roster situation, QB, cap setup, controlling stake in personnel, who the owner is, and geographical area), but is also content to stay put in Ann Arbor if it's not out there right now. Minnesota is far from a perfect situation, and short of Cousins rapidly becoming considerably better in the next regime, they will likely need to get worse before they get better.

The only jobs I could reasonably foresee Jim taking under that near-perfect presumption are Las Vegas or Dallas, and maybe a consideration to Arizona or New Orleans. Two of those four jobs are still filled right now.

I could be wrong. The only person who knows for sure isn't saying.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Still don't get it. 

And McDaniels will coach Las Vegas - another white guy.   Wow.    The Rooney Rule really is just for show, isn't it? 

And the Patriots "de facto"  GM.   Let us all clarify this for the stupid.    The guy who gets Bill's coffee and cleans out his email inbox.......

Will the world never learn? 

Did the Texans hire David Culley to get the extra draft pick?   

What's left

Jacksonville

New Orleans

Minnesota

Am I missing any?    

34 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

And McDaniels will coach Las Vegas - another white guy.   Wow.    The Rooney Rule really is just for show, isn't it? 

And the Patriots "de facto"  GM.   Let us all clarify this for the stupid.    The guy who gets Bill's coffee and cleans out his email inbox.......

Will the world never learn? 

Did the Texans hire David Culley to get the extra draft pick?   

What's left

Jacksonville

New Orleans

Minnesota

Am I missing any?    

Miami is still open as well. Dallas and Arizona haven’t confirmed their coaches will return, though it may be assumed at this point.

Jacksonville looks completely lost right now. They got a head start on their search because their prior coach in his first year was that bad, and yet they’re still having their preferred candidates be taken by other teams before they can make an offer.

They gave second interviews to Leftwich, Hackett, and Eberflus. Now Hackett is in Denver, Eberflus is in Chicago, and Leftwich is being interviewed by New Orleans. And their response is to fire their GM a month into their coach search. They’re clearly in over their head. It’s embarrassing.

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Miami is still open as well. Dallas and Arizona haven’t confirmed their coaches will return, though it may be assumed at this point.

Jacksonville looks completely lost right now. They got a head start on their search because their prior coach in his first year was that bad, and yet they’re still having their preferred candidates be taken by other teams before they can make an offer.

They gave second interviews to Leftwich, Hackett, and Eberflus. Now Hackett is in Denver, Eberflus is in Chicago, and Leftwich is being interviewed by New Orleans. And their response is to fire their GM a month into their coach search. They’re clearly in over their head. It’s embarrassing.

i was told jacksonville was fine because they won a playoff game 7 years ago.

4 hours ago, buddha said:

i was told jacksonville was fine because they won a playoff game 7 years ago.

Math is hard

2017. That's four years. 

Teams that haven't won a playoff game in the last four years. Miami, LV, Giants, Bears, Dolphins, Broncos. 

Hey look at that every team that had an opening this year. 

Just now, KL2 said:

Math is hard

2017. That's four years. 

Teams that haven't won a playoff game in the last four years. Miami, LV, Giants, Bears, Dolphins, Broncos. 

Hey look at that every team that had an opening this year. 

8 losing seasons in ten years = good franchise.

math isnt that hard for me.  you on the other hand, seem to have a different version...

On 1/29/2022 at 11:12 AM, buddha said:

a championship game under his belt.  lol.  that was the one and only time in ten years his team had a winning record!  the lions have a better record than the jags over that period, the jags just got lucky in one playoff game.  come on.

over the same time period, the vikings have made the playoffs four times, won the division twice, and had three losing seasons, and have dropped below 6 wins only once, the jaguars have finished with less than 6 wins EIGHT TIMES in the last ten years.

khan is supposedly a really nice guy but his team has been horrifically bad over the time of his ownership.

Got it. Regular seasons wins are all that counts and teams with less success are better jobs.  

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

8 losing seasons in ten years = good franchise.

math isnt that hard for me.  you on the other hand, seem to have a different version...

"i was told jacksonville was fine because they won a playoff game 7 years ago."

2017 was four years ago.  So, yes, math appears to be hard for you. 

So they had a bunch of losing season. Who cares? whether you win 7 or 2 they are not good years. But, no lets say a bunch of 8-8 jobs that are cap strapped with no young QBs and owners who are guilty of federal crimes and scandal that has fewer really good seasons is better. 

And I never once said his ownership has been "good" but its certainty not a disaster, at least compared to the other openings which was the discussion, as you and others make it out to be. 

Edited by KL2

2 minutes ago, KL2 said:

"i was told jacksonville was fine because they won a playoff game 7 years ago."

2017 was four years ago.  So, yes, math appears to be hard for you. 

So they had a bunch of losing season. Who cares? whether you win 7 or 2 they are not good years. But, no lets say a bunch of 8-8 jobs that are cap strapped with no young QBs and owners who are guilty of federal crimes and scandal that has fewer really good seasons is better. 

10-6

11-5

13-3

10-6

yeah, a bunch of 8-8 seasons.

now do jacksonville!!

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

It's funny, KL2 jumped on me when I said Goff lead a team to the Super Bowl and here he is trying to convince us Khan is some sort of good owner because of one good season in 10 years. 

Again, not once have I said he was a good owner. Not once. Unlike you who said Goff was good cause he's been to a superbowl and that was it. 

If you read the thread, you will see I asked about what constitutes best openings. I refuted that the Jags was one of the worst with Lawrence and cap space. I was told, in response, they were because of owner was terrible. I pointed out that Kahn has had more success than some of the other owners, and that off the field issues had hit others but were ignored. 

You guys took that as me saying Kahn is the greatest owner in the history of sports.

7 minutes ago, buddha said:

10-6

11-5

13-3

10-6

yeah, a bunch of 8-8 seasons.

now do jacksonville!!

10-34

12-54

hut hut

hike

What are we just throwing out? Random numbers? or are those the wins and loses of some unspecified team without any context, any talk of playoff wins or any issues with their ownership? gonna need more info here.

And will you please point out where I said Kahn was "good?"

Edited by KL2

1 minute ago, KL2 said:

Again, not once have I said he was a good owner. Not once. Unlike you who said Goff was good cause he's been to a superbowl and that was it. 

If you read the thread, you will see I asked about what constitutes best openings. I refuted that the Jags was one of the worst with Lawrence and cap space. I was told, in response, they were because of owner was terrible. I pointed out that Kahn has had more success than some of the other owners, and that off the field issues had hit others but were ignored. 

You guys took that as me saying Kahn is the greatest owner in the history of sports.

I actually never said Goff was good. I have said he could be and he was good when the Rams went to the Super Bowl. You, however, have a history of lying about what people have said in the past. I've also said that Goff has had more success than some of the other QBs and you brought up Rex Grossman. You took that as me saying Goff is the greatest QB in the history of football. 

22 minutes ago, KL2 said:

10-34

12-54

hut hut

hike

What are we just throwing out? Random numbers? or are those the wins and loses of some unspecified team without any context, any talk of playoff wins or any issues with their ownership? gonna need more info here.

And will you please point out where I said Kahn was "good?"

those are seasons the vikings had over the last decade.

why did you jump back into this thread?  lol.

Look,  Jacksonville really was one play away from the Super Bowl just 4 short years ago and they had a ton of talent and should have gone onto more really good seasons, but they fell so far, so fast.   Like the 1991 Lions, I guess.    It wasn't a lucky season, that was a good team that finally put it all together.   If they had a better QB...............