POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

On 10/2/2021 at 10:00 AM, chasfh said:

Seriously, how does one cosplaying guy with a sword overpower several presumably-armed special ops soldiers? 

Dudes probably had one guy with an actual loaded weapon.  The stories of moose in Alaska terrorizing entire companies of the Army guys up there because they go on exercises without live rounds.  The one guy with a gun is to ensure that nobody steals all their weapons. 

Just now, romad1 said:

Dudes probably had one guy with an actual loaded weapon.  The stories of moose in Alaska terrorizing entire companies of the Army guys up there because they go on exercises without live rounds.  The one guy with a gun is to ensure that nobody steals all their weapons. 

I hope I haven't given anyone any ideas.

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/retail-traders-follow-nancy-pelosis-stock-moves-to-find-winners-163943788.html

Might want to follow Pelosi's husband's stock moves and join in.  Apparently his history of making great decisions is finally getting some press.  

But we aren't allowed to impune the actions of a spouse to an office holder anymore. Mitch and Elaine (not to mention Clarence and Virginia) have already paved that road.

OK - personally I think that sucks - conflict of interest rules should apply to households, not just individuals, but we can't do that because women now have to have the same right to indendently graft that men have always had.

Edited by gehringer_2

On 10/2/2021 at 10:00 AM, chasfh said:

Seriously, how does one cosplaying guy with a sword overpower several presumably-armed special ops soldiers? 

Sounds more like he surprised the one guy.  From that point on, sounds like the soldiers treated it like a civilian issue, and simply worked to stay safe until civilian law enforcement dealt with it.  My guess is if he was able to gain access to where these guys were hunkered down, it wouldn't have ended well for him.

All that said, my brother served in the DMZ in Korea and said he'd get sent out without ammunition as they didn't want to risk the first shot coming from the US.  So very possible, especially during training in the US, they weren't armed.  A guy with a sword can do quite a bit of damage quickly.

10 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

But we aren't allowed to impune the actions of a spouse to an office holder anymore. Mitch and Elaine (not to mention Clarence and Virginia) have already paved that road.

OK - personally I think that sucks - conflict of interest rules should apply to households, not just individuals, but we can't do that because women now have to have the same right to indendently graft that men have always had.

Absolutely agreed, as you appear to agree with though, wish instead of 'they all do it', they all would pay a price for it.

On 10/6/2021 at 8:30 PM, Edman85 said:

A few things after a mini Google Rabbit Hole...

He voted for the bathroom bill.

He's running for the House Seat that got overturned due to election fraud a couple years ago.

Don't love the stance on the bathroom bill, but Dems need to be better about running candidates who can win in particular districts. Particularly in a state like NC which will likely end up with a tougher map coming out of redistricting.

I don't find the face in the cracker a big deal on its own.  The issue is what would have been the response if things were reversed?  They would have been people expelled or fired.  If there is going to be a standard for one then it need to be a standard for all.  No excuses.  

2 minutes ago, Archie said:

I don't find the face in the cracker a big deal on its own.  The issue is what would have been the response if things were reversed?  They would have been people expelled or fired.  If there is going to be a standard for one then it need to be a standard for all.  No excuses.  

A made up scenario is an issue?  I'd call that a made up scenario 

• Thanks 1