POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

37 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Ftfy

It looks like some of the But Trump  crowd here has no abilty or knowledge to discuss things intelligently so they try to discredit people by changing a quote. Thats a dick move but not unexpected from an anti-American liberal.

34 minutes ago, Archie said:

It looks like some of the But Trump  crowd here has no abilty or knowledge to discuss things intelligently so they try to discredit people by changing a quote. Thats a dick move but not unexpected from an anti-American liberal.

Is it fair to assume that you regard anyone who dares disagree with you as anti-American?

It's really going to be hard to have a good faith political discussion with you on just about anything if that's the case.

Edited by mtutiger

15 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Is it fair to assume that you regard anyone who dares disagree with you as anti-American?

It's really going to be hard to have a good faith political discussion with you on just about anything if that's the case.

That and the complete and total lack of intellectual honesty.

Archie Bunker and his request for "only facts" ends up being nothing but a stream of lies that he types out...

Forget facts. He wouldn't know what they are if they hit him square in the...

20 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Great. But when you call people anti-American, don't be surprised if people are less willing to engage with you.

Enough said.

Only thing you bring to the table is Trump this and Trump that so what does it matter?  As far as anti-American, anyone who likes what the demented old man and his party are doing to this country can't be pro American.  The US was in much better shape before they took office and I know that really gets under the skin of the Trump haters.  I'm taking a break and have things to do so have a good day.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Archie said:

... What I won't do is change something you said to try to discredit you....

People in here have been doing that for years.

It's 99% not to discredit.

It's for (a) making jokes, or for a laugh, (b) changing a word to offer a different viewpoint, but along the same lines as the original statement, (c) saying the exact opposite of what someone said, with multiple choice of reasons behind that, (d) and yes, sometimes to discredit.

But if someone says the exact opposite of what you are saying... that is part of the conversation. 

You are the one overreacting as if you are mortally wounded by the tactic, rather than continuing the conversation.

Even if it annoys you because it is the exact opposite of what you said.

For example, I made a post that was NOT an "FTFY", but a straight up post that took your list of "Trump" positives and gave them back in almost the same point-by-point, in a post, with exact opposite viewpoints about how negative in each aspect Trump was. But it doesn't matter what the format of the post is (a "FTFY" that says the opposite, or a straight up post that states the opposite...); it's the content/ intent/ conversation of the post that matters.

You seem to be extremely sensitive to a re-wording of your post through a "FTFY"... If I may recommend... Don't be so sensitive about it... but rather understand the content of the conversation and respond to that aspect of the conversation that you deem relevant. Ask esweig... a fellow conservative, how he has responded to the same. He's been whacked with quite a few FTFY's as well. But we all have been. Some with an interesting alteration. Some for a joke. Some with an opposite viewpoint.

As for ewsieg: 99% he doesn't respond with indignity but, rather: "I know you think this way but I cannot", or "let's agree to disagree", or "funny, but I cannot stomach...".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Archie said:

Only thing you bring to the table is Trump this and Trump that so what does it matter?  As far as anti-American, anyone who likes what the demented old man and his party are doing to this country can't be pro American.  The US was in much better shape before they took office and I know that really gets under the skin of the Trump haters.  I'm taking a break and have things to do so have a good day.

this would be much more powerful if you brought something other than Biden. 

And also if 2020 wasn't the deadliest year on record, with the worst job losses in 100 years.

Edited by pfife