POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

Tesla is a cult almost as bad as Trumpers. They act like they single handedly saved the environment and they hang on anything Elon Musk says and does. I've never seen such fanatical worship of not just the car company but the CEO and it's stock price. Tesla is a fraud similar to Trump University. Lots of promises and rarely following through. The cars are poorly built and he's basically beta testing self driving on the American public and getting away with it because Trump gutted the NHTSA.

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Tesla is a cult almost as bad as Trumpers. They act like they single handedly saved the environment and they hang on anything Elon Musk says and does. I've never seen such fanatical worship of not just the car company but the CEO and it's stock price. Tesla is a fraud similar to Trump University. Lots of promises and rarely following through. The cars are poorly built and he's basically beta testing self driving on the American public and getting away with it because Trump gutted the NHTSA.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Tesla. He is about to have a whole bunch of competition in a market he used to have pretty much to himself. 

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with Tesla. He is about to have a whole bunch of competition in a market he used to have pretty much to himself. 

He doesn't turn profit on his cars. He benefits by selling carbon offsets which is going to dry up. He's basically still selling the same cars he released 10 years ago. He literally tried to reinvent the wheel with his new steering yoke. The thing is, his cult still worships him and buys the shit he sells just like they do with Trump. 

12 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

... Tesla is a fraud similar...

Tesla is not a fraud.

But it is built on public subsidies, if that's what your referring to...

However, as G2 noted, he's had little to no competition... And that's about to change.

As soon as there are dozens of competitors out there, and there will be dozens (not all winners)... I believe Tesla's stock will tank.

Just now, 1984Echoes said:

Tesla is not a fraud.

But it is built on public subsidies, if that's what your referring to...

However, as G2 noted, he's had little to no competition... And that's about to change.

As soon as there are dozens of competitors out there, and there will be dozens (not all winners)... I believe Tesla's stock will tank.

No, it is. Tesla promised full self-driving within one year and charged customers $10,000 for that option. That was 2016 and Tesla still isn't close to providing full self driving. Tesla is under investigation for it's false claims of self driving. Tesla makes lots of promises of future developments and rarely deliver. Tesla screwed up their solar roof and charged customers double their agreed upon price. Tesla took pre-orders on a roadster in 2017 and required at least a $50,000 deposit. Those cars still haven't been delivered. Tesla came out with an innovative product 10 years ago and is milking that reputation to sell unrealized developments. Similar to how Trump ran Trump University. 

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

Aha!

I haven't followed all their issues so... I guess I had the general story...

But I didn't have those specifics so, thank you.

I bought an electric vehicle and the first place I looked naturally was Tesla. It was eye opening, especially the cult. It's unlike anything I have ever seen with a car company. They hang on every word from Elon Musk the way Trumpers do with Trump. They will send death threats to journalists who criticize a Tesla vehicle or praise another manufacturers vehicle. Tesla vehicles have the worst build quality in the industry. Horribly aligned body panels, mismatched colors, door handles that don't work, and issue with the front suspension collapsing. The autopilot is nothing more than adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist. GM is the only one right now that makes a true hands off the wheel self driving system. I ended up placing an order for a Ford Mustang Mach E. One of the first true Tesla competitors. 

18 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

I've been a Honda driver since 1998 and am a bit surprised that they aren't out in front on this.  They are scheduled to release an all electric SUV for the 2024 model year but I don't like to buy the first year of any changes in automotive.  And I don't really want an SUV.

The Japanese industry - esp Toyota, had committed to hybrids and other than the Nissan Leaf are on average behind behind their competitors on all electrics. I think in the end they may be right that at least plug-in hybrids hold a solid place in the market for some years to come but right now that isn't where the action is.

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I bought an electric vehicle and the first place I looked naturally was Tesla. It was eye opening, especially the cult. It's unlike anything I have ever seen with a car company. They hang on every word from Elon Musk the way Trumpers do with Trump. They will send death threats to journalists who criticize a Tesla vehicle or praise another manufacturers vehicle. Tesla vehicles have the worst build quality in the industry. Horribly aligned body panels, mismatched colors, door handles that don't work, and issue with the front suspension collapsing. The autopilot is nothing more than adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist. GM is the only one right now that makes a true hands off the wheel self driving system. I ended up placing an order for a Ford Mustang Mach E. One of the first true Tesla competitors. 

their car reviews are really a mixed bag.  Build quality is shockingly indifferent.  I'm sure its the same as the food served at a cult.  The cult members won't complain. 

I am glad real auto companies are getting into the game.   The Volt my buddy has is a fine car.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 2:27 PM, romad1 said:

their car reviews are really a mixed bag.  Build quality is shockingly indifferent.  I'm sure its the same as the food served at a cult.  The cult members won't complain. 

I am glad real auto companies are getting into the game.   The Volt my buddy has is a fine car.  

ludicrous speed on a tesla is fun.  crazy af, but fun.