POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

5 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

The general political position of any state isn't a selling point for me in any direction.... if it were, I would have never moved to Texas in the first place. And if I leave, it's going to be because the stars align career wise, not because of politics.

My only point is that one's perspective may be different when you live center-left in a state dominated by GOP politicians.

it isnt mine either.  i was just making a joke.  🙂

23 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

When it can breathe and you know, live, on it's own. 

so not birth, right?  just at the moment modern medicine could keep the baby alive on its own? 

so about 20-24 weeks?  i'm pretty sure most countries have a prohibition on abortions after that time period.  likewise, almost all abortions in the us occur before that time.

i'd be fine with a national ban on abortions after 20 or 22 weeks.  would you?

the "heartbeat bill" are too extreme, imo.  even as someone who hates abortion and the way we talk about it sometimes, it is still legal and occasionally necessary and i cant agree with those bills.

What books are being banned?  I'm really curious because I haven't heard of that happening.

The problem with abortion is that its all or nothing.  There are a few scenarios where abortion is warranted, however, abortion should not be used or allowed as a form of birth control.  

Just now, buddha said:

so not birth, right?  just at the moment modern medicine could keep the baby alive on its own? 

so about 20-24 weeks?  i'm pretty sure most countries have a prohibition on abortions after that time period.  likewise, almost all abortions in the us occur before that time.

the "heartbeat bill" are too extreme, imo.  even as someone who hates abortion and the way we talk about it sometimes, it is still legal and occasionally necessary and i cant agree with those bills.

I'm not a doctor so I don't know the exact time but I was responding to your trolling about coming to Illinois to kill babies. 

27 minutes ago, Archie said:

What books are being banned?  I'm really curious because I haven't heard of that happening.

The problem with abortion is that its all or nothing.  There are a few scenarios where abortion is warranted, however, abortion should not be used or allowed as a form of birth control.  

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/28/1050013664/texas-lawmaker-matt-krause-launches-inquiry-into-850-books

I'm a big fan of local control, so this appears to be (yet another) big government move by Texas Republicans to tell ISDs and libraries how to run themselves. All in the name of culture war politics.

Edited by mtutiger

29 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm not a doctor so I don't know the exact time but I was responding to your trolling about coming to Illinois to kill babies. 

you brought up abortion with respect to illinois, not me.

and i wasnt trolling you, i think an abortion is killing a baby.  its legal, but that's what it is.  people just change the language to make themselves feel better that its just a medical procedure and no big deal.

57 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/28/1050013664/texas-lawmaker-matt-krause-launches-inquiry-into-850-books

I'm a big fan of local control, so this appears to be (yet another) big government move by Texas Republicans to tell ISDs and libraries how to run themselves. All in the name of culture war politics.

WOW.  I wonder if he sat down and read all of those.  I will agree some books don't belong in certain schools do to maturity issues but don't believe in banning them all together.   What does it matter with everything available on the internet?  The curriculum being taught in schools is most important.

Also, why do some of you like to label someone a "troll" because you don't agree with them.  A troll is someone that only posts to inflame and not provide any worthwhile content.  While I don't agree with a lot of you opinions it doesn't mean I think you are a troll.  I found only one person here meets the description of a troll and finally had to ignore him.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

WOW.  I wonder if he sat down and read all of those.  I will agree some books don't belong in certain schools do to maturity issues but don't believe in banning them all together.   What does it matter with everything available on the internet?  The curriculum being taught in schools is most important.

Also, why do some of you like to label someone a "troll" because you don't agree with them.  A troll is someone that only posts to inflame and not provide any worthwhile content.  While I don't agree with a lot of you opinions it doesn't mean I think you are a troll.  I found only one person here meets the description of a troll and finally had to ignore him.

You are not a troll.  I disagree with most of your political opinions, but they are honest opinions not designed to agitate us.  As previously discussed, there is one troll here.  

37 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

You are not a troll.  I disagree with most of your political opinions, but they are honest opinions not designed to agitate us.  As previously discussed, there is one troll here.  

correct.  There's also room for old fashioned ball busting between sides. But someone showing up with guns blazing with no prior history posting...  that's a sign.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

When it can breathe and you know, live, on it's own. 

'viable' or 'able to 'live' on it's own is one of those interesting terms that doesn't bear too much thought. It just a matter of time-scales I suppose. The average 5 yr old on it's own would be dead in few days of dehydration if left in most places on the planet. The same would probably be true of the average full grown adult, only on a slightly longer time scale (they might find water but would probably still starve pretty quickly. We are none-of-us all that 'viable'.  🤔

Edited by gehringer_2

8 hours ago, Archie said:

They both do but I simply point out the left is much worse.

But it's the right that shits all over people. It's the right that paints swastikas on synagogues and murders black kids in churches.

And calls other people "from shithole countries' or good Americans "Jihadists".

It's the white trash scumbag bigots that are the worst lowlifes in this scenario. Who treats everyone else with absolute contempt if they're a different color, or religion, or ethnicity. You're nowhere close to the truth on this one Archie Bunker.

6 hours ago, buddha said:

This.

6 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

No but a fetus that will not survive even with a ventilator is not a baby. 

Yet if we find living organisms on 
Mars that’s proof of life.

I will once again reference the third Reich and Hitler. He convinced millions of his followers that Jews were to be slaughtered. To accomplish this  he convinced them to stop seeing Jews as humans. This allowed them “feel” as they were following orders and for the betterment of society, no remorse or guilt.

Society has done that with Babies AKA fetus’s. Once we lose compassion it’s just obeying the laws. The anger and stomping of feet when challenged about it is beyond comprehension to me. But, hey if we don’t allow abortions all of these fetus’s will grow to become strains on society and probably criminals. If we view them as a fetus there is no murder so no guilt.