POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

29 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Oh I know, I coached girls' 14 and under basketball about 35 years ago.  Did I ever pat one of them on the shoulder?  I don't know.  Probably.

I've been pretty circumspect about all that PDA stuff.  My daughter is pretty freaked out about the grabby hugs that the bigger girls who no longer identify by their girl name keep giving her.   

Just now, romad1 said:

I've been pretty circumspect about all that PDA stuff.  My daughter is pretty freaked out about the grabby hugs that the bigger girls who no longer identify by their girl name keep giving her.   

my 13 year old and her friends sit around and classify themselves by their "sexuality" daily.  omni sexual, bi sexual, and all sorts of sexual.  its what they see on tik tok so they parrot it.  

kids, man, amirite?

Just now, buddha said:

my 13 year old and her friends sit around and classify themselves by their "sexuality" daily.  omni sexual, bi sexual, and all sorts of sexual.  its what they see on tik tok so they parrot it.  

kids, man, amirite?

If you did that in my high school...you'd get your ass kicked.   Actually no.  The kids who did that were on heroin and so out of their minds because of the conflicts they were going through that they needed to self medicate. 

It ain't an area where I'm going to judge too harshly.  I am annoyed by it.  Just annoyed. 

And a Twitter thread from some left wing Podcaster earlier this year courageously talking about his kid who made the call to change gender at 5 (because clearly the kid knows at that point), ending the thread by hawking a book about the topic by his wife.

It really did shine a light on what appears to be a cottage industry exploiting people with mental illness to me.

Reminds me some about Gluten Free fad. Something like .1% of ppl have Ciliac Disease, but 20% eat gluten free. I have a feeling this is the same thing. Small percentage of people have gender dysmorfia, but others are influenced by social media copycat to do the same.

My $0.02. Something seems off.

4 minutes ago, romad1 said:

If you did that in my high school...you'd get your ass kicked.   Actually no.  The kids who did that were on heroin and so out of their minds because of the conflicts they were going through that they needed to self medicate. 

It ain't an area where I'm going to judge too harshly.  I am annoyed by it.  Just annoyed. 

when you were in high school?

things are a little different now.  much much different.

2 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

And a Twitter thread from some left wing Podcaster earlier this year courageously talking about his kid who made the call to change gender at 5 (because clearly the kid knows at that point)

that should be a crime.  i think its horrible to do that to a child that age.  i mean, they havent even hit puberty yet.

5 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

And a Twitter thread from some left wing Podcaster earlier this year courageously talking about his kid who made the call to change gender at 5 (because clearly the kid knows at that point), ending the thread by hawking a book about the topic by his wife.

It really did shine a light on what appears to be a cottage industry exploiting people with mental illness to me.

Reminds me some about Gluten Free fad. Something like .1% of ppl have Ciliac Disease, but 20% eat gluten free. I have a feeling this is the same thing. Small percentage of people have gender dysmorfia, but others are influenced by social media copycat to do the same.

My $0.02. Something seems off.

Funny you bring up the Gluten thing because this morning on the news they had some health doctor that runs a food business and she pointed out all of her plant based/vegan food also contained many gluten free options... and I'm thinking "those things have nothing to do with each other".  Gluten is not bad for you. Something that's gluten free is not healthier unless you have celiac's disease.

To me it's just an offshoot of the Atkins.  Yes, dont pig out on bread.  

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

So it was the dating app Bumble pushing pronouns that got me. It seemed out of place and very virtue signally.

I use Bumble and haven't seen the pronoun thing yet. I only respond though to women from Canada since I'm just looking for an opportunity to get my foot in the door there. Not many Canadians looking for an international relationship apparently. 

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Not sure where to put this, so I'll leave it here. 

LOL.  Nature is going to destroy his sidewalks a lot faster than the walkers ever will. 

It seems strangely ironic that with google as close as the keyboard they are using, Americans could actually spend a minute to find out how dumb they are being before they hit "send."  As Steve Martin used to say "But NOOOH!"

In my neighborhood there’s one street that dead ends into a pathway to a park but you can get to the other side where the street starts again via a little sidewalk   It was built that way to discourage auto traffic on that road as the Ford product development center is there so during non covid times a lot of cars coming and going. Discourage auto traffic in our neighborhoods. Because of that its popular for runners and walkers. Especially since it was repaved for a sewer project.   Last year someone put a sign up yelling at people for running on their street and to go run in their own neighborhood.  How they knew where they lived… I don’t know. I can only imagine though. Dearborn still gonna Dearborn 

FB1861F7-130F-4C4A-A158-14F76C25BADC.jpeg