POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

21 hours ago, romad1 said:

I have reached the point of exhaustion wrt politics.  I saw Steve Kornacki on the morning Joe this morning and just hit mute.  I can't.   I want the Trumpies to lose.  I need them to lose.  Hearing how bad it is and how the Dems need to up their game to save democracy is just getting old. 

Get your crap together America. 

Of course you got exhausted. You turned on MSNBC. Turn that shit off.

• Like 1

I haven't watched cable news regularly for multiple years now. Definitely one of the better decisions I've ever made.

The big thing is the business model - it all runs on outrage, which the need to draw ratings and make money. Just better to cut that shit out and stick with print journalism (particularly local) or even local-TV news...

Edited by mtutiger
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 1:19 PM, Archie said:

It's far from BS.  Roy is asking questions that Garland is pleading ignorance on or refusing to answer.  You should be very concerned about what the Biden Administration and DOJ are doing.  They are investigating, or targeting is a better word, parents who question a school board because a union and the Biden Administration asked them to.  What happened to parent in Louden whos daughter was raped in school is inexcusable not to mention everything that has gone down with covering up the crime because it doesn't fit the liberal agenda. 

If you look at the actual letter they they specifically say "spirited debate about policy is protected" and instead refer to threats of violence as being the issue.

So yeah... you are full of shit. The entire GOP is full of shit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Of course you got exhausted. You turned on MSNBC. Turn that shit off.

if i watch cable news, its only because there is some world event going on somewhere that i want to see covered live, like when they stormed the white house, or election results.

cnn seems like the best of them at covering those things.

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I haven't watched cable news regularly for multiple years now. Definitely one of the better decisions I've ever made.

The big thing is the business model - it all runs on outrage, which the need to draw ratings and make money. Just better to cut that shit out and stick with print journalism (particularly local) or even local-TV news...

Trying to find decent local print journalism is nearly impossible in many markets as hedge funders are buying troubled newspapers right and left. Take a look at markets like Chicago and even Detroit. Tell me the Detroit papers are good for anything besides wrapping food scraps. Or the SunTimes and Tribune are truly viable papers anymore.

The same for local TV. With companies like Saint Clair taking over many markets…..

5 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Ya know, you could have moved to Wichita Falls or Lubbock or some shit... lol

Too late for that, I don't know where he has been but Austin has been deep blue probably since before Elon was firing bottle rockets in his back yard.

(OK - maybe not that long but I liked the phrase.....)

Edited by gehringer_2