POLITICS SCHMALITICS

romad1

The ways in which warfare has changed are also much different because we are limiting how Ukraine can fight with our tools.  Politics are keeping them from taking the war really into Russia.  Why is that?  Nuclear weapons scare everyone.   Were those around in the Great War? 

Oh, also...the information war in which Twitter was manipulated by Putin. 

7 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Turns on cellphone...

And the GPS app....

"Privet Mom, guess where I am?"

8 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Soldiers were more disciplined back then, they kept their cell phones turned off.

Without going into too much detail, Space Karen should know but is probably too busy wrecking all his companies that the current war has yet to really demonstrate what the Taiwan war will: that AI weapons are the actual future of war.  I think our holding back some of these things from Ukraine has kept them from being known. 

Russia is too inept/too corrupt to integrate these things.  They would rather do human waves attacks and torture civilians because that's their "move" and the Ukrainians just don't have the resources to do those things on their own yet.

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

Without going into too much detail, Space Karen should know but is probably too busy wrecking all his companies that the current war has yet to really demonstrate what the Taiwan war will: that AI weapons are the actual future of war.  I think our holding back some of these things from Ukraine has kept them from being known. 

Russia is too inept/too corrupt to integrate these things.  They would rather do human waves attacks and torture civilians because that's their "move" and the Ukrainians just don't have the resources to do those things on their own yet.

Right because to your point, one doesn’t have to be technically or technologically competent to blast a house from a tank or shoot a whole town of civilians into an open mass grave.

Also to your point: if Ukraine does end up winning, we better keep them very close …

5 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

1) I thought Republicans were against remote learning.

2) While it's not a horrible idea, I don't know any kid who would actually spend time in front of a screen on a snow day. 

I don't know how workable it is anyway. Whether it's in person, remote, or hybrid, you set up a system/plans for that mode. Once you are in it, it's not like you can just switch it up a day here or there and expect to accomplish much.

3 hours ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

The move away from extraction based energy will mostly be a boon for the people that live in oil exporting nations. This would seem ironic because it will make them poorer in the short term, but history is pretty clear that economies heavily dependent on resource extraction breed the most corrupt, least equitable governments.

Has anyone else’s Twitter feed become overwhelmingly conservative recently? I don’t follow any of them, but my feed is littered with posts from MTG, Boebert, Gaetz etc. I see these posts more than the people I actually follow. I could block them all, sure. But this is what Elmo has turned the app into. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Has anyone else’s Twitter feed become overwhelmingly conservative recently? I don’t follow any of them, but my feed is littered with posts from MTG, Boebert, Gaetz etc. I see these posts more than the people I actually follow. I could block them all, sure. But this is what Elmo has turned the app into. 

THye recently changed the format of feeds to "For you" and "following".  It is along the top.  Mine defaults to "For you".  I keep having to change it to "Following".

NOt sure if that's the same as the old "Latest Tweets" and "Top Tweet" where they tried to feed you what they think you want.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, oblong said:

THye recently changed the format of feeds to "For you" and "following".  It is along the top.  Mine defaults to "For you".  I keep having to change it to "Following".

NOt sure if that's the same as the old "Latest Tweets" and "Top Tweet" where they tried to feed you what they think you want.

Yep I noticed that too. Mine always defaults to the “ for you” tab which is the MAGA heavy part. I used to like the suggested posts that I don’t follow because of find some good posters. No doubt this by design by Elmo to shift the app overwhelmingly to the right. 

1 hour ago, oblong said:

Thank you!