4/8 1:10 White Sox @ Tigers **OPENING DAY 2022**

Tigeraholic1

8 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

attending for the first time in years.  and of course the weather is shit

I think I've been to 6 opening days, been years since my last and I think I only got good weather once. I believe it was 2011 or 12, it was against the Red Sox. It was still pretty chilly like 50ish but the sun was out so it felt good. 

I prepaid parking via the ParkWhiz app.  I don't carry cash anymore.  Found some cheaper lots near LCA. 

I'm running a half marathon on Saturday so I have to be good at the game.  Maybe 2 beers before teh game and then water the rest of the way.  And of course it's Lent so cheese pizza it is.

• Thanks 1

Me and my wife made the very tough decision last night to cancel our trip up to Detroit for Opening Day this year due to the weather forecast for tomorrow (it’s a 5.5 hour drive from where we’re at in KY). 🥲  Was so looking forward to Tork’s debut, and a wonderful day in the D (but in the back of my mind, always expected shitty weather). We have to be back home Saturday evening, so a PPD game tomorrow (to be played Saturday when we wouldn’t be able to stay and watch it) would be a nightmare scenario. At least we recouped most of our hotel room costs.   

Anybody need a pair of tickets 19 rows behind home plate? Pffff…

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

The Twins just traded All Star closer Taylor Rogers to the Padres for Chris Paddack. I think there were others involved too but those were the main pieces. 

I'm not sure what the Twins are doing. Rebuilding? They have a serious lack of pitching. Why sign Correa?

39 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

May be too risky to do this with one of our young pitchers but I wonder if the Tigers are thinking about doing something like this with Tork or Greene?

Those guys have a really high ceiling. They intrinsically believe in themselves enough to know they’re worth more than that. 

6 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

you can have it with sardines.....

Ima do the 9/9/9 with fish sticks instead of hot dogs.

And always remember to annunciate “fish sticks” correctly.  Sometimes this two words combined together sound like boy fish parts.