4/11 5:10 Red Sox @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

A lot of people here were really down on Manning because his first year was a bit rough.    Part of it was having to call him up early due to injuries, but lets remember he was toe-to-toe with Casey a few years ago.  The guy is good.   Through 6 innings, 67 pitches........not too shabby (compared to our other starters this year).   One mistake was a monster shot by JD Martinez...........nothing to be ashamed of there.  As Chris Sale

• Like 1

Another one-two-three inning. Manning has 68 pitches of one-baserunner ball through six.

Not long ago he would have been on a solid track for a compete-game victory. But it’s 2022, so, good chance he’s coming out right now. That’s kind of a shame if so. 

3 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I know it is extremely early but if things continue in this mode, perhaps AA looks for some help offensively. I know RG will be a nice upside but the Tigers can’t bring this anemic offense every night. Again, it’s early. 

Same thing as last year Hinch's teams dont show up until May They should call him Mr May thats why Avila sdaid that thing about winning pennants in April he was sending hinch a message. Wake up AJ!!!!!! 

10 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I know it is extremely early but if things continue in this mode, perhaps AA looks for some help offensively. I know RG will be a nice upside but the Tigers can’t bring this anemic offense every night. Again, it’s early. 

Yeah, it's hard not to get April 2021 vibes at the moment lol

I feel bad for Manning, he deserved better off his effort in this one

Edited by mtutiger

1 hour ago, Dtrain72 said:

Manning def not still in "spring training mode"...hope the other guys aren't any longer after this past weekend.

As I was just zipping through everything trying to catch up... I did a double-take on this because I didn't read this correctly the first time through... I see you've got "spring training mode"... But when I zipped through the first time, this is what popped into my head:

Manning def not still in "Training Wheels Mode"...

Because...

I'm thinking... Manning really doesn't want to be pitching any more, and it looks like he is showing it, with...

Training Wheels.