4/11 5:10 Red Sox @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

A lot of people here were really down on Manning because his first year was a bit rough.    Part of it was having to call him up early due to injuries, but lets remember he was toe-to-toe with Casey a few years ago.  The guy is good.   Through 6 innings, 67 pitches........not too shabby (compared to our other starters this year).   One mistake was a monster shot by JD Martinez...........nothing to be ashamed of there.  As Chris Sale

Exactly. I saw flashes of him last season and I still say if he can get some experience, have some success and gain confidence, he'll have many more good outings than bad ones. Basically, he's a kid. 😄

41 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Javy is weird.  He's like asleep in innings 3-7.  Or at least thats what it appears.

I enjoy the results in the other innings.

Meadows is worth the freight.

Meadows has been such a good addition. And as much as we all wish Greene didn't get hurt, he probably wouldn't be here if that hadn't happened.

Crazy

6 hours ago, Archie said:

Any time Victor is chasing down a fly ball I get nervous.  He makes routine flies look like a tough catch.

LOL - that stiffness in the way he holds his glove as he runs in on a ball has to remind one of every bad fielding kid you  ever played with on a sand lot. Still, he mostly does mange to catch the ball in end....

11 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

A lot of people here were really down on Manning because his first year was a bit rough.    Part of it was having to call him up early due to injuries, but lets remember he was toe-to-toe with Casey a few years ago.  The guy is good.   Through 6 innings, 67 pitches........not too shabby (compared to our other starters this year).   One mistake was a monster shot by JD Martinez...........nothing to be ashamed of there.  As Chris Sale

He pitched well yesterday, no doubt.  I'm still on the side of doubtful of Manning, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.