4/13 1:10 Red Sox @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

This inning is sort of a microcosm of how things just haven't gone the Tigers way early this year.... hard hit single through the hole on the left side (Tigers can't buy one of those so far this season), poor conditions leading to a poor throw on an inning ending ground ball, all of which help fuel a big inning for the Sox.

The GOAT Clayton Kershaw(grew up with Matthew Stafford btw) had a perfecto going through 7 with 13Ks against the Twins only to get pulled cause he wasn't completely stretched out. He was only at 80 pitches too so if he was stretched out he easily was on track to finish. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

24 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Still time for guys to get going who are not yet going.    This does smell like April 2021 without the high expectations thus far. 

Just hope it doesn't last as long as April 2021. 

Haven't seen a lot of good signs so far...  the dearth of competitive ABs is pretty frustrating.

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

The GOAT Clayton Kershaw had a perfecto going through 7 with 13Ks against the Twins only to get pulled cause he wasn't completely stretched out. He was only at 80 pitches too so if he was stretched out he easily was on track to finish. 

Yeah, I hate he doesn’t get a shot at finishing. There was a day not long ago where this move would be unheard of. Also, Roberts received some criticism last year for the way he handled Max at the end of the year. I understand the decision but don’t know that it will matter one way or another with a guy like Kershaw. 

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Just hope it doesn't last as long as April 2021. 

Haven't seen a lot of good signs so far...  the dearth of competitive ABs is pretty frustrating.

Robbie Grossman was the engine of that last year.   Baddoo was also a force.   Meadows has been our best hitter from my optic.  That and Javy with his random acts of power. 

2 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Robbie Grossman was the engine of that last year.   Baddoo was also a force.   Meadows has been our best hitter from my optic.  That and Javy with his random acts of power. 

Grossman was new to the team last year from another organization. Meadows is new to the team this year coming in from another organization. 🤔