4/13 1:10 Red Sox @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

1 hour ago, Archie said:

Meadows offense is good but I'm not excited about the fielding.  A good OF would of caught a couple of those balls earlier in the game.  Its still early so hoping its just getting used to the park and team. 

Biggest miracle today is that the game didn't get rained out.

I noticed that also and its one big reason Tampa traded him but it was rotten day for evaluating. Same for candy's error but that cost us 5 runs and essentially the ballgame.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kdog said:

Disappointing finish by Erod there...it's only 2-1 and then he gives up a hard hit to the awful JBJ and gets tattooed the rest of the way.

My completely unqualified opinion (heck, it might be an unqualified guess) is that SPs are going to have a steeper drop off, in addition to the reduced stamina, a bit longer into this season as opposed to next season.  Managers and the coaching staff are probably going to have a more difficult time at discerning when to get the bullpen and when to make the change before the opponent has things going.  This is probably something that was mentioned around here before, I don't know.

I wasn't following this one when Boston had their tea party, so I don't know if that's exactly what happened here or not.  I know bad defense factored in.

And then also working specifically against the Tigers is the lack of quality arms that they thought would be at their disposal.  They've had to put Alexander in the rotation, and then they've lost Cisnero, Chafin, and Funkhouser to injury.  I'm not all that sold on Cisnero especially Funkhouser repeating the standard stat success that they had last season.  But there is still the ramification of losing your set up RPs and your best multi inning RP.  This can easily tempt Hinch & Co to try to squeeze another hitter or inning out of the current P.

Edited by casimir

3 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Casimir is the name of my great-greatgrandfather. With his wife, brought my Polish greatgrandfather and siblings over to the New World.

Fabulous.  My great-great-grandfather is the original immigrant on my father's side, he was born in Hawick in Scotland in 1812 and came to North America in 1832 to seek his fortune.  Never saw his parents again but wrote letters frequently, some of which we have.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Casimir is the name of my great-greatgrandfather. With his wife, brought my Polish greatgrandfather and siblings over to the New World.

Casimir has been handed down on my dad's side of the family.  I should check into when my ancestors popped on over, but have never really gotten into that much.

• 2 months later...