Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

My daughter is on....IDK, quarantine warning?  With a negative PCR any day after Monday, I could return her back to school come next Monday.  Instead I chose to test with antigen tests daily and she can go into school.  At least I can find them now, but at 25 bucks for 2 tests, it's a costly week.  

I feel bad for families that can't afford or find these tests.  My daughters friend was out of school the week before as they couldn't find the tests.  

50 minutes ago, buddha said:

im in oklahoma city.  no one is wearing a mask except restaurant personnel.  

our judge is wearing a mask.  the jury is optional (most dont).  the parties dont.  the gallery has to wear one.  in the hallways outside court no one wears one.

That is tragic, but obviously it is far too late to try to change attitudes.  A state with a population of 4 million, daily cases of 800 and daily deaths of 24 should be making indoor masks mandatory, and be implementing lockdowns in specific regions.  Those numbers are beyond horrifying.  700 people are dying every month for no good reason.  Yes, I know that nothing will be done about it, forget I said anything.

45 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

That is tragic, but obviously it is far too late to try to change attitudes.  A state with a population of 4 million, daily cases of 800 and daily deaths of 24 should be making indoor masks mandatory, and be implementing lockdowns in specific regions.  Those numbers are beyond horrifying.  700 people are dying every month for no good reason.  Yes, I know that nothing will be done about it, forget I said anything.

American society has turned "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness" on it's head. Today it's all the random drug, gun, pollution and public health disaster death that the pursuit of profit and power can buy.

7 hours ago, ewsieg said:

My daughter is on....IDK, quarantine warning?  With a negative PCR any day after Monday, I could return her back to school come next Monday.  Instead I chose to test with antigen tests daily and she can go into school.  At least I can find them now, but at 25 bucks for 2 tests, it's a costly week.  

I feel bad for families that can't afford or find these tests.  My daughters friend was out of school the week before as they couldn't find the tests.  

It is a really weird situation w/ the tests.   We got a lot of them for free from the local health department, and the health department ran out.  So we have had a pretty decent number of fam and friends come over and take test on our outdoor patio.  

Edited by pfife

On 11/3/2021 at 2:48 PM, Tigerbomb13 said:

That’s absolutely horrific on both the daughter and caretaker’s end. Ugh. Your mom definitely can’t risk that herself.  

So I spoke to my mum today.   The neighbor is still sick, but no worse than the last 2 days.  Neighbor's daughter said she just can't get an appointment for a test.      They live in the Monroe/Carlysle area.  There is a CVS at Monroe & Ecorse, less than 3 miles away.  Its the Pharmacy the neighbor goes to.  They do free COVID tests with no appointments and you don't have to get out of your car.   That\s what I did 2 weeks ago when I had an annoying cough (I get it every fall, but wanted to be sure).   It doesn't take much to look that up.   Hell of a daughter.   

Edited by Motor City Sonics

46 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

So I spoke to my mum today.   The neighbor is still sick, but no worse than the last 2 days.  Neighbor's daughter said she just can't get an appointment for a test.      They live in the Monroe/Carlysle area.  There is a CVS at Monroe & Ecorse, less than 3 miles away.  Its the Pharmacy the neighbor goes to.  They do free COVID tests with no appointments and you don't have to get out of your car.   That\s what I did 2 weeks ago when I had an annoying cough (I get it every fall, but wanted to be sure).   It doesn't take much to look that up.   Hell of a daughter.   

I’ve had a cough for about 10 days… that Sunday when the weather turned. Not really a cough but minor congestion.  My whole life I have woken up with congestion though.  Smoking cigars doesn’t help. 

Got tested for strep throat (positive) and COVID (negative) yesterday.  What a blast!  I should have asked for a prostate exam while I was already there and miserable.

I figured that strep was the issue.  I was describing my symptoms and they kind of confirmed that a test for strep was necessary.  Then they asked about vaccinations and smell/taste.  Had Moderna in April, still have my senses, but I knew what they were getting at.  We’ve got a 10 year old at home, so we’re at the cusp of getting her vaccinated, so it was probably best to get checked for COVID just to be sure.  I didn’t realize how back they went for a strep test and I didn’t know it was possible to get that far up one’s nose.  Good grief.

29 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

So, they figured out a way to put the tracking chip in a pill?

Gear!

Yeah it is but I suspect the same people who won't get a vaccine won't take the pill until its too late.

So it's good for us that are vaxxed in the chance, which looks more and more likely, that we do get it we'll have something to help.

But since most of hte hospitalizations are unvaxxed I think their skepticism will just carry over to the treatment.   

There's been people all throughout this pandemic that even refuse to admit they have it while in the hospital getting treated for it.  They think it's a conspiracy and they are being lied to.  Even the families believe it. 

someone in my family that would be considered high risk in many ways, and lives in a house full of other people who are considered high risk, just tested positive.   Of course, almost the whole house is unvaxxed, don't trust the government obviously.   This fam once tried to tell me about Qanon as if I hadn't heard of it before.  

What I hadn't heard was how Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington deaths were involved in Qanon.

Edited by pfife
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, pfife said:

someone in my family that would be considered high risk in many ways, and lives in a house full of other people who are considered high risk, just tested positive.   Of course, almost the whole house is unvaxxed, don't trust the government obviously.   This fam once tried to tell me about Qanon as if I hadn't heard of it before.  

What I hadn't heard was how Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington deaths were involved in Qanon.

My buddy fist bumped Chris as he was walking off the stage that night. The official photographer got it and he was able to secure a print.  Such a tragic thing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oblong said:

Yeah it is but I suspect the same people who won't get a vaccine won't take the pill until its too late.

So it's good for us that are vaxxed in the chance, which looks more and more likely, that we do get it we'll have something to help.

But since most of hte hospitalizations are unvaxxed I think their skepticism will just carry over to the treatment.   

There's been people all throughout this pandemic that even refuse to admit they have it while in the hospital getting treated for it.  They think it's a conspiracy and they are being lied to.  Even the families believe it. 

Just treat the anti-vaxx people like dogs and hide the pill in a piece of bologna.