Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

Lab leak theory certainly strengthened this week.

https://www.science.org/content/article/nih-says-grantee-failed-report-experiment-wuhan-created-bat-virus-made-mice-sicker

NIH sent the 20 October letter to Representative James Comer (R–KY), ranking member of the House of Representatives oversight committee, along with a final progress report about the EcoHealth Alliance grant that NIH had funded and later canceled at then-President Donald Trump’s behest. (It was later reinstated but with conditions EcoHealth said it could not comply with.) The report describes studies conducted at WIV between June 2018 and June 2019 on recently collected bat coronaviruses circulating in the wild in China. Some examined whether their spike proteins, which the viruses use to attach to and infect cells, could when expressed in a previously known bat coronavirus called WIV1, bind to the human angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 cell receptor in a mouse model.

I have an anti-vaxxer acquaintance who pulled a Karen at a local pharmacy. He took his daughter in for some type of vaccine and asked the pharmacy tech what was in it. She couldn't answer and he went off on her until she cried. The actual pharmacist came out and handed him the paper listing the ingredients. And that didn't stop him, he started screaming that there was mercury and formaldehyde (sp?) In the vaccine. The pharmacist called the cops on him because he was scaring the other customers...lmao. Yeah, I guess a mask must have cut off oxygen to his brain. I feel bad for his daughter, she'll probably be traumatized for life 

42 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I have an anti-vaxxer acquaintance who pulled a Karen at a local pharmacy. He took his daughter in for some type of vaccine and asked the pharmacy tech what was in it. She couldn't answer and he went off on her until she cried. The actual pharmacist came out and handed him the paper listing the ingredients. And that didn't stop him, he started screaming that there was mercury and formaldehyde (sp?) In the vaccine. The pharmacist called the cops on him because he was scaring the other customers...lmao. Yeah, I guess a mask must have cut off oxygen to his brain. I feel bad for his daughter, she'll probably be traumatized for life 

Sounds like a charmer 

4 minutes ago, oblong said:

No.  They didn’t ask me any questions. Just gave them my old card and my license.  When she got hers a few weeks ago she told me that. So I decided to go before the kids get approved. 

Good to know. If they asked me any questions when I get mine this weekend I was going to mention my borderline BMI. Sounds like I won’t have an issue. A couple other friends went to CVS recently and no questions were asked. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Good to know. If they asked me any questions when I get mine this weekend I was going to mention my borderline BMI. Sounds like I won’t have an issue. A couple other friends went to CVS recently and no questions were asked. 

They don’t want to waste doses.  When you look at the criteria now it’s pretty broad.  

• Like 1

So I am prediabetic* and got my booster today. Feel fine.

*I read up on this some. I have one parent and three grandparents who have/had Type 2, so I started asking for a1c checks on my annual physical about 5 years ago after noticing that I got a bit tired after a day of not eating well. I've been able to keep the a1c from getting into Type 2 range, but my doctor recommended a booster when I asked if it counts. Anyways... the reading. Roughly 35% of American Adults have prediabetes (blood sugar high but still below diabetic range), and most (more than 80%) of those cases go undiagnosed because people don't get checked. There are some reputable studies/papers that make the case that same problems that make diabetics high risk for covid likely also apply to prediabetics.

In other words, it is possible a lot of people don't know they are high risk but are. It is also possible a lot of people may be booster eligible without knowing it.

Get your a1c checked at your next physical and stay on top of it.

25 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

*I read up on this some. I have one parent and three grandparents who have/had Type 2, so I started asking for a1c checks on my annual physical about 5 years ago after noticing that I got a bit tired after a day of not eating well. I've been able to keep the a1c from getting into Type 2 range, but my doctor recommended a booster when I asked if it counts. Anyways... the reading. Roughly 35% of American Adults have prediabetes (blood sugar high but still below diabetic range), and most (more than 80%) of those cases go undiagnosed because people don't get checked. There are some reputable studies/papers that make the case that same problems that make diabetics high risk for covid likely also apply to prediabetics.

In other words, it is possible a lot of people don't know they are high risk but are. It is also possible a lot of people may be booster eligible without knowing it.

Diagnosed about 12 years ago with the dreaded type 2.  i’ve done a decent job keeping it under control.  What made a huge move/change to my diet was Trulicity combined with coaching softball most of the year.  The activity matters.  Diet definitely matters.  

5 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Diagnosed about 12 years ago with the dreaded type 2.  i’ve done a decent job keeping it under control.  What made a huge move/change to my diet was Trulicity combined with coaching softball most of the year.  The activity matters.  Diet definitely matters.  

Did you have any warning? Were you ever Pre? If so, for how long?

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

I was diagnosed when I turned 50. I was 5'9 and 190 lbs and in about 6 weeks I dropped 35 lbs. No family history, not obese, very active physically and I ate fairly healthy. No idea how I can down with it. 

It's under control now but it is a nasty disease if unchecked. The excess glucose will eventually cause major problems. 

Edited by Stanley70
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, oblong said:

No.  They didn’t ask me any questions. Just gave them my old card and my license.  When she got hers a few weeks ago she told me that. So I decided to go before the kids get approved. 

Awesome! I’m going to try that. Although by the time Christmas Eve rolls around (that’s my eight-month mark), they’ll probably have opened it up to under-65s, anyway.