Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

2 hours ago, oblong said:

Fauci is one of those litmus tests for me. If a person is going on about him then I can safely dismiss their opinions.  They may as well tell me we faked the moon landings. 

Perfect.

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

this story was wall to wall coverage on Fox

I think this might be parcel of the “just say that the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me” strategy. As far as they’re concerned, an impeachment inquiry into Mayorkas is basically the same as “Biden is a capital criminal.”

My favorite part is the state rep who owns a Smoothie King insisting that children want to work for him without having to take breaks. When I was a teenager, I don’t think I ever worked a single minute in a restaurant when I wasn’t thinking about how long it was until my next break.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chasfh said:

My favorite part is the state rep who owns a Smoothie King insisting that children want to work for him without having to take breaks. When I was a teenager, I don’t think I ever worked a single minute in a restaurant when I wasn’t thinking about how long it was until my next break.

Especially if it could be timed right to have it at the same time as Cathy because...

Well, she was just a real cutey.

... but I think I'm getting off-topic here...

On 4/16/2024 at 7:21 PM, oblong said:

Fauci is one of those litmus tests for me. If a person is going on about him then I can safely dismiss their opinions.  They may as well tell me we faked the moon landings. 

He was about the only person I could stand listening to during the pandemic.  He has spend most of his career doing research to save lives.  They are trying to destroy him because he represents the science based govt agencies which they hate and also he didn't bow down to Dump.    

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chasfh said:

That's cuz your a commie.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

more of this

Agree with much of what he says, although I strongly disagree with the idea that voting is a "civic privilege". It is a civic right. A right is something that accrues to you by dint of your citizenship as long as you otherwise qualify (e.g., minimum age). A privilege can be withheld from you at the sole discretion of whoever deems themselves, and whoever you agree is, the holder of that discretion. After all, it is not called the Voter Privileges Act.

Just now, chasfh said:

Agree with much of what he says, although I strongly disagree with the idea that voting is a "civic privilege". It is a civic right. A right is something that accrues to you by dint of your citizenship as long as you otherwise qualify (e.g., minimum age). A privilege can be withheld from you at the sole discretion of whoever deems themselves, and whoever you agree is, the holder of that discretion. After all, it is not called the Voter Privileges Act.

I def agree with that.   

3 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I def agree with that.   

I remember going round and round with OMF on this one. Certain as can be he still believes it's a privilege that should be withholdable by discretion of the lord of the manor, but he's been out of my life for maybe 15 years now, so I don't know for sure.