Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I remember going round and round with OMF on this one. Certain as can be he still believes it's a privilege that should be withholdable by discretion of the lord of the manor, but he's been out of my life for maybe 15 years now, so I don't know for sure.

He's on the facebook and mostly posts about going to Tiger games.  Nothint really political anymore unless he has another account.   I see him at games and other Tiger events here and there.  He comes to visit sometimes. 

I think people who say privilege often say it that way to imply you should take it seriously and do your research, that many people didn't have the right and the privilege/fortune we have to live in a county where it is indeed a right.

13 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I remember going round and round with OMF on this one. Certain as can be he still believes it's a privilege that should be withholdable by discretion of the lord of the manor, but he's been out of my life for maybe 15 years now, so I don't know for sure.

We are not strong enough lately in defense of our inalienable rights.  Except the right to shoot to kill someone in our house or school or church if they offend us. 

3 hours ago, oblong said:

He's on the facebook and mostly posts about going to Tiger games.  Nothint really political anymore unless he has another account.   I see him at games and other Tiger events here and there.  He comes to visit sometimes. 

I think people who say privilege often say it that way to imply you should take it seriously and do your research, that many people didn't have the right and the privilege/fortune we have to live in a county where it is indeed a right.

You may be right.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, romad1 said:

From the story:

Jim Hoft published a message on the website that read, “TGP Communications, the parent company of The Gateway Pundit, recently made the decision to seek protection under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in the Southern District of Florida as a result of the progressive liberal lawfare attacks against our media outlet.”

I have been hearing the word "lawfare" more and more as an attack on liberals, and I have no idea where that comes from and how it applies to anything. Are they simply trying to make it sound like the reliable bugaboo word "welfare"? Or is there something more to it?

EDIT: I suppose a simple googling of the word would have quickly revealed to me that lawfare means "the use of legal systems and institutions to damage or delegitimize an opponent, or to deter an individual's usage of their legal rights." So MAGA are, ironically, using it to delegitimize legitimate court cases.

Now that Agent Orange is in court, I suppose this will be overused to the point which it will appear on the list of Lake Superior State's banished words by the end of the year.

Edited by chasfh

18 minutes ago, oblong said:

I think so. But we do have the right to own a big ass gun.  

I don't want to speak for him and I'll apologize again if necessary but I recall his argument was basically you don't have a right to vote if there's no election going on

18 minutes ago, oblong said:

I think so. But we do have the right to own a big ass gun.  

Because rights are enumerated in the consecrated Constitution, and not in hubristic man-made laws. Amirite?

Just now, pfife said:

I don't want to speak for him and I'll apologize again if necessary but I recall his argument was basically you don't have a right to vote if there's no election going on

That checks out. He was also the same guy who said gays already have the right to marry, as long as it's someone of the opposite sex.

I believe he was an attorney.

Those guys were awesome.   I fought hard core with them but theu brought heat, it was good fighting.    Omf made me a moderator on a board he started and that was as awesome as you'd predict

Yeah and another guy was NotoriousCPC.  The doctor thing wasn’t about forcing people to be doctors necessarily. It was that if you say it’s a right then it’s means you can force people into providing a service.  Like if you have a right to auto care then a mechanic has a legal and moral obligation to fix it for free.  

I am sure I mad that argument myself.  But I can immediately refute it by saying they should be paid. By the government. The government should provide for that right. But then the nonsense would be the government doesn’t provide rights. God does. 

pfife was your avatar Alan Alda?  I think I changed mine to Toby Keith. Or maybe you did. We were joking about it.