Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

товарищ keeps posting pictures that are years old and not even taking place in Chicago, as well as posting nonsensical links to general headlines. Also, police say that one shooting took place outside the Loop, which is away from where the gathering was, and don't even bother saying where the other shooting took place. That's so Stan.

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Yikes

but this feels true

It has been true for a long time.  Thank God that leader is a moron.  Even so, that leader still has a good shot at being President again.  If inflation doesn't slow down enough or if we have a really bad recession, Biden will get the blame and Trump likely will become President again.  

5 hours ago, oblong said:

We got a lot of recommendations for Wildberry for breakfast and it didn't disappoint.  i haven't had a breakfast that large since I was a kid.  I'm full thinking about it.

Granted it isn't a huge departure from what I'm used to (being in TX and all), but was introduced to Green Street Smoked Meats last year during a visit and it was pretty fantastic.

I can't agree with Sargent's analysis. The Dems may well love the idea of triangulating with moderate GOP House members, but the political value to be gained is less than the political cost of allowing the border to descend  back into the kind of mess which has  been common in recent years. That's just a political reality. So as much as the Dems want reform, I think the Admin believes ( and I would agree) that they will lose all credibilty with the moderate voter if they can be cast as just 'leaving the door wide open', at which point their ability to do that triangulation disappears. Basically Sargent argues the Admin gains credibility by being less severe at the border, but my reading would be the opposite. It's absolutely true it's cruel policy but that Suburban voter expects a competent government to be able to create some kind of orderly process. The current 'asylum' system is completely broken and 100% gamed by the vast majority that are trying to move for economic reasons. The US has to re-establish a credible reality that if you don't have a valid asylum claim, you are not crossing the border and that valid asylum claims are not trivial to prove. That is the only thing that will eventually stop the chaos. 

If that is established, then maybe there can be more reasonable discussions about upping admission levels. But as long as legal admission levels have little to do with actual entry rates, I don't think there is any political route to get there.

11 hours ago, ewsieg said:

https://www.newsweek.com/dianne-feinstein-resign-democrats-judiciary-committee-1794950

Pelosi tried to squash this by calling Ro Khana a sexist for calling for her resignation, but I suspect to many democrats are getting tired of not being able to push through federal judges, despite having the votes....assuming you can show up.

I'm old enough to remember a situation where a male democrat was holding up vital work in critically balanced Senate and not being criticized for it because he was a man, but I don't.