Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

lol equivocating the violent storming of the capitol to prevent Congress from doing its constitutionally-mandated duty, versus supporting a legislative change that would restore the balance of one person-one vote in the Senate, as equally threatening to American democracy.

Actually changing Senate rules is more a danger to the democracy of the US.  We found out last week it was 10 guys in fatigues that trained in their moms backyard that are accused of doing something at the Capitol.  That hasn't even been proven yet.  The rest of the people were protestors and if you go by the democrat definition they were peaceful protestors. I have a better chance of winning every powerball lottery for the rest of the year than those 10 guys had of succeeding. I don't think there is a force big enough anywhere in the world to overtake the US government.  

On the other hand if the dems eliminate the filibuster they will push through anything they want and one of those things is the voting rights fallacy bill that will take power away from the states and enable them to make their own rules for the elections. Their new voting rules will heavily favor democrats and the chance of any other party winning an election again would be slim to none. Who knows what else they will push through and its scary if you look at their track record now.  They are not working for the US or the American citizens.  They want to go to war with Russia over Ukraine but won't lift a finger to protect the US border.   If things were reversed and Republicans were pushing for Senate rule changes you would be having a fit.  

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Lol at the idea that chasfh is effectively restricting free speech in America.

I can’t even get a bunch of Internet forum randos to care about what I have to say. Like I’m going to get DirecTV to pay attention to what I would like them to do?

Come on.

I must care what you say since I respond to you.  This is an opinion board and we are trading opinions.   I will say the thing I said about the DirectTV/OAN thing has been very misunderstood.  At this point I would agree to disagree and move on. 

11 minutes ago, Archie said:

Actually changing Senate rules is more a danger to the democracy of the US.  We found out last week it was 10 guys in fatigues that trained in their moms backyard that are accused of doing something at the Capitol.  That hasn't even been proven yet.  The rest of the people were protestors and if you go by the democrat definition they were peaceful protestors. I have a better chance of winning every powerball lottery for the rest of the year than those 10 guys had of succeeding. I don't think there is a force big enough anywhere in the world to overtake the US government.  

On the other hand if the dems eliminate the filibuster they will push through anything they want and one of those things is the voting rights fallacy bill that will take power away from the states and enable them to make their own rules for the elections. Their new voting rules will heavily favor democrats and the chance of any other party winning an election again would be slim to none. Who knows what else they will push through and its scary if you look at their track record now.  They are not working for the US or the American citizens.  They want to go to war with Russia over Ukraine but won't lift a finger to protect the US border.   If things were reversed and Republicans were pushing for Senate rule changes you would be having a fit.  

you're confusing "democracy" with "what I want"

1 hour ago, Archie said:

Actually changing Senate rules is more a danger to the democracy of the US.

The filibuster, which allows even a single Senator to essentially kill any Senate bill regardless of either its level of support among US citizens or votes to pass among Senate, is literally the most anti-democratic feature of the inherently undemocratic body that is the Senate.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

We found out last week it was 10 guys in fatigues that trained in their moms backyard that are accused of doing something at the Capitol.  That hasn't even been proven yet.  The rest of the people were protestors and if you go by the democrat definition they were peaceful protestors.

#MAGAMathFail

1 hour ago, Archie said:

I don't think there is a force big enough anywhere in the world to overtake the US government. 

Which is why the MAGA fascist elite are trying to take it down from the inside, using their red hat base as the cannon fodder to do their bidding. And why not? No skin off the elite's asses.

Yet.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

On the other hand if the dems eliminate the filibuster they will push through anything they want and one of those things is the voting rights fallacy bill that will take power away from the states and enable them to make their own rules for the elections. Their new voting rules will heavily favor democrats and the chance of any other party winning an election again would be slim to none. Who knows what else they will push through and its scary if you look at their track record now.  They are not working for the US or the American citizens.  They want to go to war with Russia over Ukraine but won't lift a finger to protect the US border. 

You do know, don't you, that we realize that everything you and the red hats say the Democrats are going to do, the Republicans have already done or are in the process of doing right now?

The projection reeks.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

If things were reversed and Republicans were pushing for Senate rule changes you would be having a fit.  

This is as valid as me saying to you, "If things were reversed and Republicans were pushing for Senate rule changes, you would be having a party."

Edited by chasfh

2 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

PS:

There were 5 states that sent in Fake Electors, including Michigan. Rachel Maddow found out all the dirt:

Georgia, Nevada, Wisconsin, Arizona and Michigan

https://www.yahoo.com/news/maddow-exposes-trump-groups-shady-053905477.html

Talk about false equivalencies, it seems like some people would like to put Maddow and Tucker in the same box. That is asinine. Even though Maddow clearly has an agenda to advance the Democratic Party, she is also a first-rate journalist. She has both the deep background and the news chops to deliver the goods. The best Tucker can aspire to is mean-spirited hack. 

13 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Looks like Donnie is playing the race card again...

I've seen a couple reports that black people were given priority on covid treatments in two states.  One was NY which wasn't a surprise but the second one was...it was Utah.  The articles also went on to say that certain older black people had a higher risk because of other factors so that's what really prioritized the treatment.  I don't have a problem prioritizing based on risk assessment but if it was based solely on race that would be wrong.  I don't think that happened at least for the most part.  There could always be a doctor somewhere that did.

7 minutes ago, Archie said:

I've seen a couple reports that black people were given priority on covid treatments in two states.  One was NY which wasn't a surprise but the second one was...it was Utah.  The articles also went on to say that certain older black people had a higher risk because of other factors so that's what really prioritized the treatment.  I don't have a problem prioritizing based on risk assessment but if it was based solely on race that would be wrong.  I don't think that happened at least for the most part.  There could always be a doctor somewhere that did.

Its OK, it'll be gone by Easter.

17 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Didn’t the GOP waive the filibuster for FLP’s tax breaks?

All tax breaks are not subject to filibuster because they're budget items and this are applicable for reconciliation.  

Pretty convenient for the GOP huh?

Screw the filibuster 

17 minutes ago, Archie said:

White people can get vaxed.   He obviously lied and you choose to defend it.

Edited by pfife

10 minutes ago, Archie said:

Is that your two cents to every comment?  Are you Barney Fife with a new name? 

Lol at your boomer nickname for me.  Couldn't come up with a reference under 60 years old chief?

Oh and why not address what I say instead of what I don't say as I've never said that

It's hilarious how scared of my posts you are

Edited by pfife