Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

1 hour ago, oblong said:

Lots of good stuff happening.... Jan 6 want to talk to Ivanka... GA wants a criminal grand jury for Trump's interference...

Let's just hope this amounts to some accountability this time. Many of us got hyped up by the Russia Investigation and little in the way of accountability measures came from that. The January 6th Committee will continue to get stonewalled by the Trump inner circle I fear. I do have hope that both the Southern District of NY and Prosecutors in GA will be able to advance things forward though.

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Let's just hope this amounts to some accountability this time. Many of us got hyped up by the Russia Investigation and little in the way of accountability measures came from that. The January 6th Committee will continue to get stonewalled by the Trump inner circle I fear. I do have hope that both the Southern District of NY and Prosecutors in GA will be able to advance things forward though.

The problem with the Russia investigation is that the dems were following and promoting a bunch of false accusations. They are so desperate to tear down Trump and the Republicans they will do anything.   Schiff and Nadler looked like fools. The partisan impeachment was more of the same.  They are so hung up on Donald Trump they ignore the real problems we face in this country much like people here.  TDS is real and people who have it need to seek help. Its not healthy.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Archie said:

The problem with the Russia investigation is that the dems were following and promoting a bunch of false accusations. They are so desperate to tear down Trump and the Republicans they will do anything.   Schiff and Nadler looked like fools. The partisan impeachment was more of the same.  They are so hung up on Donald Trump they ignore the real problems we face in this country much like people here.  TDS is real and people who have it need to seek help. Its not healthy.

The second impeachment was 100% legitimate.  Trump was guilty.  There is absolutely no was you can reasonably defend him.  I mean he didn't even try to hide it!  He told us he was going to try to steal the election if he lost and that's what he tried to do telling us about it every step of the way.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

The second impeachment was 100% legitimate.  Trump was guilty.  There is absolutely no was you can reasonably defend him.  I mean he didn't even try to hide it!  He told us he was going to try to steal the election if he lost and that's what he tried to do telling us about it every step of the way.  

i think the first one was impeachable too.  mueller said as much in his report.  "here is the evidence he obstructed the investigation, but i cant convict him of a crime because he is a sitting president and that's congress' job".

52 minutes ago, buddha said:

i think the first one was impeachable too.  mueller said as much in his report.  "here is the evidence he obstructed the investigation, but i cant convict him of a crime because he is a sitting president and that's congress' job".

I didn't follow the first one close enough to have an opinion.  The second was much more obvious and egregious.  

1 minute ago, oblong said:

According to Nessel no.  Former Secretary of State Terry Lynn Land would have been a trump elector and she refused to participate. I don’t see how it’s not fraud. 

I didn't read the story but were they mailed to archives in a official state envelope?

That seems like one of a number of ways it would be illegal....

17 hours ago, buddha said:

First one was related to the Ukraine call.  Nothing came of the Mueller report, IMO, because as Archie mentioned, there was no evidence Trump colluded, the media and the left wanted to believe it and grasped at any straw to help validate that belief.  As such, all the focus was on colluding.  He could have been impeached based on the obstruction and I think Mueller would have had a better chance to pursue that if the left hadn't drummed it up into something it wasn't.  Similar to Clinton, he wasn't impeached for getting a BJ, but lying about it under oath.

16 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I didn't follow the first one close enough to have an opinion.  The second was much more obvious and egregious.  

The second one was more egregious, but in terms of conviction, I don't think it was more obvious, at least with the evidence we had at the time and the fact that any trial would need to be rushed.  I think it was more of a 'we know, you know we know, you know that we know that you know that we know, type thing.  At the time, the only supported evidence was how long it took him to issue a statement and reports that he was enjoying watching it on TV.

This Guiliani stuff though...interesting.

Edited by ewsieg

Nothing came of the Mueller report because Barr got the report and changed the narrative and in his summary left out incriminating bits.  Remember, Mueller didn't have the power to indict.  He didn't have the same powers that Ken Starr had.  His job was to investigate and hand it off to DOJ.  Barr said "Thanks, we got this, and then threw it in the trash".  That was why he was picked to be AG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, oblong said:

According to Nessel no.  Former Secretary of State Terry Lynn Land would have been a trump elector and she refused to participate. I don’t see how it’s not fraud. 

I want to say I heard there were 7 states that did this, with 2 of them putting something down like 'if court proceedings determine...blah blah blah' which could cover those two.  My understanding is Michigan is one of the five that signed as if they were legitimate electors.

3 minutes ago, oblong said:

Nothing came of the Mueller report because Barr got the report and changed the narrative and in his summary left out incriminating bits.  Remember, Mueller didn't have the power to indict.  He didn't have the same powers that Ken Starr had.  His job was to investigate and hand it off to DOJ.  Barr said "Thanks, we got this, and then threw it in the trash".  That was why he was picked to be AG.

Barr helped changed the narrative, no doubt.  The report was not flattering to Trump, but again, it didn't show collusion either.  

Officer: Do you know how fast you were going?

Driver: No, officer. But I wasn't picking my nose!

Officer: 80 in a 45. Here's your ticket. I couldn't see if you were or not, but that isn't a crime. 

Driver: Exonerated! I wasn't picking my nose!

Edited by Edman85
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1