4/20 @ 6:40 Yankees @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

didn't he say that the night he hit 499 then change his mind by the next morning? But maybe that was a road game he held him out of, I don't remember...

It was a road game, 95+ degrees in Baltimore after a late night late in the season 

He'll be playing him this time... much different circumstances. Not to mention that Cabrera may be their best hitter at the moment 

59 minutes ago, 1776 said:

This team just doesn’t seem to exhibit any urgency and aren’t mentally in the game at the worst times. I was hoping this spring would be a step forward. It ain’t happening yet.

I think it only changes as the roster changes. You have guys that don't have good compete awareness, as long you play them your team won't. Jimenez is 6yr vet - if he doesn't have the awareness to hold a runner in a close game today, he simply never will, so the team's compete level doesn't take a step up until a guy like that is gone. Sure, there are guys with so much talent you may have to live with the loose screws, but the Tigers in question don't have that kind of talent....

I remember when Schoop signed that extension many folks including myself thought the Tigers got a solid deal and that Schoop probably could've gotten more if he waited till the offseason but he is showing that he knew what he was doing.  He's in the .600s OPS wise since the extension and I'd imagine below replacement level. If he never signed that extension there's a good chance he's being used at best as a utility guy on a 1 year deal on somebody's bench. 

12 hours ago, chasfh said:

Way to run yourselves out of a potentially big inning, guys. We could have bases loaded and no outs with one run in right now. 

I like aggressive running, but Cabrera/Santiago should have read that ball better.  Stanton had a relatively easy angle to field and throw.  Maybe Santiago had the stop sign up, we've seen Cabrera run through that before.

The Reyes SB attempt by itself probably isn't that bad, but following up Cabrera's failed attempt for 3B probably wasn't the time.  Then again, the team is struggling for runs, so ....