4/26 7:40 Tigers @ Twins

Tigeraholic1

22 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Hill getting the start is interesting.... Kinda feel for Baddoo, but wouldn't mind seeing Hill get a little runway. Especially given how he plays center.

I like Baddoo but he has had a lot of opportunities and Hill's glove could be worth something, with scoring being so low.

5 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

They've gotten pretty innovative with the retractable designs - I suppose that has lowered the cost. But there may not even be  room at the Target site for a roof that moves mostly to the side. It's a very constrained site. So the motivation to stay downtown have also have been a factor. The old Metrodome site is a good deal bigger, but unlike the Vikes, who could play at U Minn during construction, the Twins would have had nowhere to play if they had wanted to rebuild at the same site. To have come up with a bigger site in DT Minny probably would have ended up your typical big political fight. Target is a pretty nice venue though. We were only there a couple of seasons after it opened but to that point at least there didn't seem to be any feeling of buyers remorse about it.

They could have just used a giant baggie like their last domed stadium.

I've had the good fortune of being in a lot of ballparks over the years, including such gems as Tropicana Field and Le Stade Olympique. (/s)

There's has been no experience worse than the Metrodome though.... particularly sitting down the third base line, where looking at home plate required one to crane their neck at a 50 degree angle to see home plate.

Edited by mtutiger

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I've had the good fortune of being in a lot of ballparks over the years, including such gems as Tropicana Field and Le Stade Olympique. (/s)

There's has been no experience worse than the Metrodome though.... particularly sitting down the third base line, where looking at home plate required one to crane their neck at a 50 degree angle to see home plate.

Old Exhibition Stadium in Toronto had some really bad seats too. But sitting behind a post at Tiger Stadium made criminals out of many fans. 

24 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Seriously, it's gonna be in the 20s during the game tonight.  

Imagine hitting a 90+ mph pitch off the end of a wooden bat when its 29 degrees.............

I’m not sure I could make contact with a 60 MPH pitch, so I’d probably be too shocked and thrilled to worry about a little stinging in my hands (if they weren’t numb by then).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Lineup adjustment has been made....

I respect that Hinch gave Candelario and Schoop every chance to break out of their slump and keep their spots up the order, and I also respect that Hinch has determined it is time to respond to facts on the ground.

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Also, just try following a fly ball or pop up against the ceiling in that place.

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What's the weather in Minnehopless, Minnesnowda tonight?    I'm guessing not good. 

$35 million a year for Correa  .192/.288/.577   ......Well played, Twinkies.   Other than Prince and The Replacements, I have no use for your town.    

This slash line made me do a spit-take. "No way Correa's slugging .577!"

Thanks for making me look that up! 😅

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I respect that Hinch gave Candelario and Schoop every chance to break out of their slump and keep their spots up the order, and I also respect that Hinch has determined it is time to respond to facts on the ground.

That third catcher makes it pretty tough to sit them out, which is what the facts on the ground really require.