4/26 7:40 Tigers @ Twins

Tigeraholic1

Seriously, I 100% guarantee this team will need new 3rd and 2nd basemen by next season.  Who we got for the plan, Kriedler at 3rd and Clemens at 2nd? FA signings?  No way in hell can this team roll with Schoop and Candy as part of the future...and yep, I'll say only this far into the season, those guys have no spot on this team if the sights are to make and compete in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, kdog said:

Not sure what we are supposed to do if this is just a bad team...it's early so hopefully things turn around lol.

the complete inability to score runs when it's cold is such a long standing pattern that management needs to be looking at doing something to change it up. Change the prep, change the cold weather uniform items available -  something. Every team we play against seems to deal with the weather but the Tigers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dtrain72 said:

Seriously, I 100% guarantee this team will need new 3rd and 2nd basemen by next season.  Who we got for the plan, Kriedler at 3rd and Clemens at 2nd? FA signings?  No way in hell can this team roll with Schoop and Candy as part of the future...and yep, I'll say only this far into the season, those guys have no spot on this team if the sights are to make and compete in the playoffs.

Still early. They will hit. 

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

the complete inability to score runs when it's cold is such a long standing pattern that management needs to be looking at doing something to change it up. Change the prep, change the cold weather uniform items available -  something. Every team we play against seems to deal with the weather but the Tigers.

Yep, ERod hasn't been great, but it's kinda hard to be too concerned with him when the offense looks like crap.

Put another way, if this team ends up losing 3-0, how do you blame the pitching for that? 

3 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

I can accept that Schoop is streaky, that has been his pattern - he's never a guy you want to depend on for regular production and probably shouldn't be at the top of the order. But Candelario looks like someone stole his contacts, he looks completely over matched and there doesn't appear to be any good reason.