4/28 @ 1:10 Tigers @ Twins

Tigeraholic1

58 minutes ago, kdog said:

spacer.png

Candelario has played in all 17 games, so combine that with his struggles, he had to sit at some point.

I don't understand Garneau on the roster at this point.  It's just a wasted spot at this point.  They have a shallow bench and little to no maneuverability when it comes to platoons or resting guys.

31 minutes ago, casimir said:

Candelario has played in all 17 games, so combine that with his struggles, he had to sit at some point.

I don't understand Garneau on the roster at this point.  It's just a wasted spot at this point.  They have a shallow bench and little to no maneuverability when it comes to platoons or resting guys.

Increasingly of this view, although Haase has me wondering whether he should be the guy to be DFA'd at this point. I hate to talk like that, but the magic seems to be fresh out, and I don't know that his defense behind the plate or in left is good enough to keep if he can't hit.

I thought it was interesting that AJ pinch hit Harold for him last night.... maybe he was playing matchups, but idk.

Edited by mtutiger

53 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Increasingly of this view, although Haase has me wondering whether he should be the guy to be DFA'd at this point. I hate to talk like that, but the magic seems to be fresh out, and I don't know that his defense behind the plate or in left is good enough to keep if he can't hit.

I thought it was interesting that AJ pinch hit Harold for him last night.... maybe he was playing matchups, but idk.

Well, Haase certainly isn't doing himself any favors.

The slumps and the roster construction are a bad combination.  There aren't many opportunities to play matchups.  Maybe Hinch did it just to do it so that he avoided rust?  Somewhat along the lines of getting players playing time to avoid rust?