4/28 @ 1:10 Tigers @ Twins

Tigeraholic1

Once again all of this is on Hinch. I'm really starting to doubt his ability as a manager. Does he know how to play outfielders?  He must think he can stick anyone out there and it will be fine. First we watch Haase botch outfield plays now Wily. I know not everyone is a Willy Mays but come on this is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Polanco should have been out at first. His left foot was out of the runners lane when he was hit by the ball. By rule, out.

Even if technically true, Barnhart would have hit him even if he were 3 feet further foul.

Edited by gehringer_2

Hinch has not had a good start. But this is entirely about Avila's failure to develop everyday players outside of the tanking draft picks. They don't have any guys to fill in gaps when injuries come up.

They revamped the entire development staff only last year and Avila's role is more ceremonial right now. Things have to be happening behind the scenes when you are tanking so you are ready to succeed when all the kids are ready. They did nothing. We are still playing the Castros, Vic Reyes, etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

and why is Skubal still out there? Beat up the one guy who was at least trying to keep you in the game? Hinch is losing it. 

I have my doubts about Hinch, seriously. He talks a good game but I’m not seeing anything between the lines. 

1 minute ago, kdog said:

Hinch has not had a good start. But this is entirely about Avila's failure to develop everyday players outside of the tanking draft picks. They don't have any guys to fill in gaps when injuries come up.

They could be calling guys and giving them a shot. There is no reason at all not to give Clemens, who is playing well, a shot. They just won't do it. Cameron gains nothing playing at Toledo, he probably catches the ball Haase missed and the ball Willi missed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

They could be calling guys and giving them a shot. There is no reason at all not to give Clemens, who is playing well, a shot. They just won't do it. Cameron gains nothing playing at Toledo, he probably catches the ball Haase missed and the ball Willi missed.

You can't bring him up to sit 5 days a week. And Hill is a better defender who makes more contact. Cameron doesn't have a role unless his bat plays.