The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

1 hour ago, Archie said:

{snip}

One of the worst things that can happen in the US is the integrity of our election process is in question.  If we have an election system with no integrity we will be no better than most third world countries.

Just to clarify, ICYMI: that people with interest are questioning the integrity of the election is completely unrelated to the actual integrity of the election. And bonus, it is false that the more people with interest say the election is rigged, the more likely it is rigged—at least by the people they’re accusing of the rigging.

Edited by chasfh
  • Thanks 1

One downsides to losing the old forum is I never got a chance to go back to check my evolution. I had plans to browse through the 2016 election thread to see at what point I turned. I don’t remember if I was willing to support guys like Cruz or Christie.  I was ready for Jeb or Marco. 

47 minutes ago, oblong said:

One downsides to losing the old forum is I never got a chance to go back to check my evolution. I had plans to browse through the 2016 election thread to see at what point I turned. I don’t remember if I was willing to support guys like Cruz or Christie.  I was ready for Jeb or Marco. 

I turned because of Trump in 2016. 

I could not believe that clown was winning primaries.

I thought the GOP voters lost their damn minds. 

They did.

But now the scales have fallen from my eyes. To see slimebags like Cruz and Rubio bow down and kiss the ring made me puke.

I will never vote republican again.

So, in a way, I owe Trump a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, oblong said:

Rubio was still my hope for the future probably as late as 2018.  That stings more than anything.

Romney has elevated.  he's still too much of a cross between Clark Griswold and a Mckinsey consultant to be a normal politician (paraphrase but essentially saying "I appreciate visiting Michigan where you root for the local sports teams") 

Liz Cheney, appears ready to get into a straight razor alley fight against the Trumpies which will leave everyone bloody.   If she wanted to be the GOP nominee for 2024, I'd vote for her just on the "Private Joker is silly and he's ignorant but he's got guts and guts is enough" basis. 

14 hours ago, oblong said:

What are the chances the new owners could be prevailed upon to allow us to obtain the MTS archives for history's sake? I'd throw a couple bucks against that venture, if that's what's needed.

14 hours ago, antrat said:

I turned because of Trump in 2016. 

I could not believe that clown was winning primaries.

I thought the GOP voters lost their damn minds. 

They did.

But now the scales have fallen from my eyes. To see slimebags like Cruz and Rubio bow down and kiss the ring made me puke.

I will never vote republican again.

So, in a way, I owe Trump a lot.

Here's hoping there are enough yous to sink that whole fascist cabal in 2022 and 2024. 🥂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

What are the chances the new owners could be prevailed upon to allow us to obtain the MTS archives for history's sake? I'd throw a couple bucks against that venture, if that's what's needed.

The bigger challenge will be just getting in touch with anybody who knows the site exists.  I'm not sure BetRivers is aware of it.

18 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

That's not really true.  Several posters here are conservatives or moderates who abandoned the Republican Party because it has turned into a joke.  This forum is more anti-Trump than liberal.  

This. Biden was the first Democrat I've voted for. I voted third party in 2016, never expecting Trump to win. (I live a liberal state so my vote for president doesn't matter). I still couldn't bring myself to vote for a Democrat. Unless something dramatic happens, I don't see myself voting for a Republican again anytime soon. 

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

right?  I need the threads full of examples of how the media is not liberal

12 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Christ on a cracker, if this guy is not stopped and ends up running in 2024, and actually wins, then this country is truly fucked, and it won’t come back for any of us in any of our lifetimes.

tl;dr: stop this guy already.

• Like 2