The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

51 minutes ago, chasfh said:

@1984Echoes, careful what you wish for here ...

Humiliation does not = martyrdom.

Humiliation makes you look bad. Ask Cersei.

That's why I am pro not just handcuffs and perp, but strip him naked and waltz him up and down Broadway and 5th Avenue.

I know that is fantasy, not reality. Like GOT fantasy...

I'm just sayin'... The grotesquery won't be attractive to MAGA. It will be off-putting and they will run away ("not with a 10-foot pole") instead. Even if it's the handcuffs and just a normal perp... Just my 'pinion.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Humiliation does not = martyrdom.

Humiliation makes you look bad. Ask Cersei.

That's why I am pro not just handcuffs and perp, but strip him naked and waltz him up and down Broadway and 5th Avenue.

I know that is fantasy, not reality. Like GOT fantasy...

I'm just sayin'... The grotesquery won't be attractive to MAGA. It will be off-putting and they will run away ("not with a 10-foot pole") instead. Even if it's the handcuffs and just a normal perp... Just my 'pinion.

There's nothing that Trump would do or have done to him that would embarass MAGA.

There could be a sex tape of him and Hillary.  Of him and Bill.  Or Obama.  Nothing will turn them away from him.

2 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

MAGA might actually like that:

"Whoo Boy! Now you're one of US!!!"

Trump...

not so much...

I don't think they would.  It would make him look like a loser.  Just being a regular guy them him is not enough.  His appeal is wrapped up in the idea that he is a successful businessman who runs the country like a business and owns the career politician libs.    

16 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I don't think they would.  It would make him look like a loser.  Just being a regular guy them him is not enough.  His appeal is wrapped up in the idea that he is a successful businessman who runs the country like a business and owns the career politician libs.    

They would say he's not rich because he sacrificed it all to be President and paid the price for all the lawyers to fight the witchhunts and because he gave away his pay as President and paid so much in taxes.

None of that is true but the truth is irrelevant to MAGA.

He's had about 500 things since 2015 that would have disqualified him both as a POTUS candidate and a GOP candidate. None of it stuck. 

The fact is that the red hats would never ever find out Trump is not wealthy, because none of their media would ever tell them that.

Only the non-RW media, aka the mainstream media, would reveal that he's not wealthy, and red hats would dismiss it as a typical libtard hit job, which "we" are perpetrating probably because we are all jealous of him and of the freedom that red hats enjoy of which we choose to deny ourselves, or something like that.

They would also not regard Trump as a loser for getting perp-walked, because their hatred of libs is bound up in a weirdly-religious persecution complex because they're not rich enough, not educated enough, not beautiful enough, for the "elites", who they secretly long to be a part of, or at least well-accepted by. They would absolutely, and without irony or shame, equate a Trump perp walk to the passion of Jesus Christ on Good Friday. And man, does Trump ever want that, because his support among that sweet reliable-voting evangelical base is starting to fray.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

The fact is that the red hats would never ever find out Trump is not wealthy, because none of their media would ever tell them that.

Only the non-RW media, aka the mainstream media, would reveal that he's not wealthy, and red hats would dismiss it as a typical libtard hit job, which "we" are perpetrating probably because we are all jealous of him and of the freedom that red hats enjoy of which we choose to deny ourselves, or something like that.

They would also not regard Trump as a loser for getting perp-walked, because their hatred of libs is bound up in a weirdly-religious persecution complex because they're not rich enough, not educated enough, not beautiful enough, for the "elites", who they secretly long to be a part of, or at least well-accepted by. They would absolutely, and without irony or shame, equate a Trump perp walk to the passion of Jesus Christ on Good Friday. And man, does Trump ever want that, because his support among that sweet reliable-voting evangelical base is starting to fray.

I really don't think they want to be part of the elites or even want to be accepted by them.  I believe they want nothing to do with them.  For better or for worse, they want to be left alone.  

8 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I really don't think they want to be part of the elites or even want to be accepted by them.  I believe they want nothing to do with them.  For better or for worse, they want to be left alone.  

I don't think that's true. Everyone wants to be accepted by the in crowd. They resent that they never will be, because they are laughed at and made fun of. That's what stokes the burning hate, it's what drives Donald Trump, and this is what attracts his most ardent red hat following. He is literally promising retribution and revenge on their behalf against the in crowd who spurned him! If all people wanted was to be left alone and have nothing to do with elites, they wouldn't care enough to hate them, let alone be animated enough to go to rallies to get riled up about them.

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

I don't think that's true. Everyone wants to be accepted by the in crowd. They resent that they never will be, because they are laughed at and made fun of. That's what stokes the burning hate, it's what drives Donald Trump, and this is what attracts his most ardent red hat following. He is literally promising retribution and revenge on their behalf against the in crowd who spurned him! If all people wanted was to be left alone and have nothing to do with elites, they wouldn't care enough to hate them, let alone be animated enough to go to rallies to get riled up about them.

Do people who make fun of the red hats do it because they want to be like them?

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I agree, but I don't think red hats want to be like elites either (other than having money).  

I do think they want to be accepted or respected, which makes sense, and I believe they feel neither is happening (and they’re probably right in some cases).

I believe it’s that perception of neither happening which animates the fear and the loathing and the resentment and the hatred, and Trump is the embodiment of all of this for them. He displays all these cues of a lower middle class guy with his rhetoric and mannerisms and accent, and I think red hats identify strongly with that. And I can see them thinking, if it can happen to him, with all his success living the American dream, making billions—if it’s not about what he’s accomplished, but about who he is underneath it all—then what chance do any of us have with the elites? We can never win their acceptance or respect. And these people, these elites, they’re running the government and the media and the schools and the woke tech economy, and it’s un-American, so we have to take that all back. And when we do, we’ll make them respect us.

I think that’s a lot of what’s going on.

Edited by chasfh

21 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Trump has had hits and misses. The fact that he wants a perp walk doesn't necessarily mean it will work for him. Remember the miscalculation with the Lafayette Sq walk. If you are LE, you do your best not to play into his hand but you can't obsess over trying to outmaneuver him.

Case in point:

"Trump betrayed us":

https://www.yahoo.com/news/betrayed-us-why-trumps-call-205747693.html