The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Ron Desantis. It crops the image when it's embedded in the tweet but the governor of Florida is saying he won't assist with extraditing Trump. 

Go ahead and lie in that stinking bed, Ron. You’re stupider than I’d have guessed.

• Like 1

DeSantis and a lot of other Republicans are likely happy with the indictment and anything else that can take him down.  They will protest everything that happens, so they can blame the Democrats.  This will make them look good to the voters in elections.  

• Like 1

Such a backwards way of thinking. So basically a president can’t be held account for his crimes. How is that not a short road to authoritarianism? Trump literally did everything he could to hold onto power. He needs to be held accountable, or future presidents will use him as a lesson. 

• Thanks 1

Oh, and Matt Taibbi can't be taking money or instructions from Russian intelligence?  Its never happened before?  Why would Russian intelligence services change their practices?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I._F._Stone

In The Independent newspaper in 1992, British journalist Andrew Brown reported that the Soviet Embassy attaché, KGB Major General Oleg Kalugin, said that, "We had an agent—a well-known American journalist—with a good reputation, who severed his ties with us after 1956. I, myself, convinced him to resume them. But, in 1968, after the invasion of Czechoslovakia ... he said he would never again take any money from us."[29]

In "How Many I. F. Stones Were There?", Herbert Romerstein, formerly of USIA and of the HUAC, and Ray Kerrison reported that Kalugin had identified I. F. Stone as the secret agent of whom he [Kalugin] had spoken with the journalist Andrew Brown.[30] Eight years later, in The Venona Secrets (2000), Romerstein and Eric Breindel (editorial page editor of the New York Post) developed Kalugin's allegations about I. F. Stone being a secret agent for the Soviet Union.[31]

20 minutes ago, pfife said:

Taibbi doesn't even know the charges and evidence let alone whether they're thin pretext.  

This is true as well. And so much of the punditry aside from Taibbi seems to treat this as the default setting as well.

Yet another demonstration is how the GOP/Trump's strength is to set the terms of discussion/narrative in the media space at all times.

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Oh, and Matt Taibbi can't be taking money or instructions from Russian intelligence?  Its never happened before?  Why would Russian intelligence services change their practices?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I._F._Stone

Yeah, he could. I'm sure Taibbi developed a lot of inside contacts during his days in the Soviet Union.