The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

2 hours ago, oblong said:

these people are too lazy.

I think both the George Floyd protests and the Jan 6 were in large part just pent up frustration from people being locked down.  Not saying they were not passionate about their beliefs but the need to congregate was as much about just getting out as it was the issue itself.  Trump is old news now to many people.  They're not going to disrupt their lives to go protest in NYC.  You might get a handful of people but we won't see riots or anything.

That will disappoint him more than being arrested and charged.

This had not occurred to me but yeah, makes sense.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

This had not occurred to me but yeah, makes sense.

My son was doing all the marches and protests here that summer. Even got arrested. I thought “I got myself an activist here”. Hasn’t really done much since.  Looking back I realized he hadn’t been with his friends for 3 months. Never left the house. But here in June it’s nice out. They had an excuse to be together.  He still believes in the cause. 

Now every media outlet in the country is filing stories about the impending indictment of Trump, which now makes it look like the media are rooting for it and further positions him as a victim martyr for “the people” in red hat eyes. And they are doing this mainly because of his social media post.

Say what you want about how ignorant and even how stupid Trump is on so many levels, and that would be accurate. But when it comes to manipulating people’s emotions and establishing the direction and the terms of the national conversation, the guy is simply a fucking genius.

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Now every media outlet in the country is filing stories about the impending indictment of Trump, which now makes it look like the media are rooting for it and further positions him as a victim martyr for “the people” in red hat eyes. And they are doing this mainly because of his social media post.

Say what you want about how ignorant and even how stupid Trump is on so many levels, and that would be accurate. But when it comes to manipulating people’s emotions and establishing the direction and the terms of the national conversation, the guy is simply a fucking genius.

That's exactly how he became President.  He's a genius marketer. He knows precisely the buttons to push.

But I think it's for naught now.  Most people are tired of it all and want it to go away.  I have a family member I use to guage that.  He didnt like Trump but was like "what can it hurt?  The rest of them are crooked, lets get an outsider in there".  Now he's said just what I did.  Enough already.  

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

He is also very transparent which is part of why it's maddening.