The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

20 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

TFG is in East Palestine, OH today armed with a sleeve or two of paper towels to help with the cleanup effort. Of course he'll be too busy thinking up dumb nicknames to explain why his administration spent 4 years rolling back rail safety and EPA regulations..

• 2 weeks later...

Former President Donald Trump holds a 41-point lead in a hypothetical Republican primary, with 58% support. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis holds 17%, followed by Governor Sununu at 7%, former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley at 6%, and former Vice President Mike Pence at 4%.

https://emersoncollegepolling.com/new-hampshire-2024-trump-holds-41-point-lead-for-republican-nomination/

37 minutes ago, chasfh said:

One call would have been enough to indict a typical politician.

Trump does have a certain flair for this though. He's is very well versed at the Capo's art of suggesting other people do wrong while leaving lots of ambiguity in the liability of this own direct actions. It's probably his one real skill in life and he is well practiced at it.

21 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Trump does have a certain flair for this though. He's is very well versed at the Capo's art of suggesting other people do wrong while leaving lots of ambiguity in the liability of this own direct actions. It's probably his one real skill in life and he is well practiced at it.

No doubt, and I know he practices that art as well as anyone. But if it is his voice on the phone directly asking someone to do dirty work on his behalf, that is itself dirty work. Real capos know how give orders or approvals with a look, a gesture, or words completely unrelated to the act they are asking for, while making it all very clear what he wants. That's also why capos typically don't work by phone, unless there is an established code word (e.g., "it's a shame about it.")

48 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Trump does have a certain flair for this though. He's is very well versed at the Capo's art of suggesting other people do wrong while leaving lots of ambiguity in the liability of this own direct actions....

There's no ambiguity here whatsoever.

That's what galls.

It's pretty fucking blatant... with Georgia, with inflating asset values for loans and deflating for taxes, with a coup attempt against the United States of America, etc., etc., etc., etc...

And this mother fucker is still walking free? I mean, WTF? He's a guilt MF'er, the evidence is plain as day for ANYONE to just look at, and this Teflon Don is still not in prison. It's beyond MF'ing ENRAGING!!!

And I'm being nice. That's not what I really wanna say about that contemptible scumbag MF'er.

Edited by 1984Echoes

10 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

There's no ambiguity here whatsoever.

That's what galls.

It's pretty fucking blatant... with Georgia, with inflating asset values for loans and deflating for taxes, with a coup attempt against the United States of America, etc., etc., etc., etc...

And this mother fucker is still walking free? I mean, WTF? He's a guilt MF'er, the evidence is plain as day for ANYONE to just look at, and this Teflon Don is still not in prison. It's beyond MF'ing ENRAGING!!!

And I'm being nice. That's not what I really wanna say about that contemptible scumbag MF'er.

Yes, he'll never go to jail.  He MIGHT get cuffs, but that's about it.   Biden would pardon him in a second (if it's Federal).  Despite what we're told growing up, we're not all the same under the law.    If that was the case Nixon would have gone to jail.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Yes, he'll never go to jail.  He MIGHT get cuffs, but that's about it.   Biden would pardon him in a second (if it's Federal).  Despite what we're told growing up, we're not all the same under the law.    If that was the case Nixon would have gone to jail.  

lol cuffs

I don't think Biden would ever pardon his sworn political enemy, but it's a moot point anyway, because it will never get to that.

I believe Trump won't be arrested, won't be indicted, won't even be subpoenaed. Shit, man, the Jan 6 committee dropped their subpoena of him just to testify. What leads us to believe he will be actually criminally indicted?

What will happen is that Trump will run for president, will win the Republican nomination, and will win a bunch of states. Hopefully not too many states, but if he does, he will re-ascend to the White House, Joe Biden will politely step aside as is the norm, and that will be the end of that.

But even if he does not become president again, Trump will get away with it. His family will get away with it. His top lieutenants, both business and MAGA, will get away with it. They will all get away with all of it.

The only people who won't get away with it will be some true-believing mid-level accountant or campaign manager, some currently-anonymous mope who will be sacrificed on the altar and will never know what hit them.

The main thing I do agree with you on here is that we are not all the same under the law. That's been proven out so many millions of times over the past 240-odd years that it hardly bears mentioning, except as a counterweight to any ridiculous assertion that we are.

29 minutes ago, chasfh said:

lol cuffs

I don't think Biden would ever pardon his sworn political enemy, but it's a moot point anyway, because it will never get to that.

I believe Trump won't be arrested, won't be indicted, won't even be subpoenaed. Shit, man, the Jan 6 committee dropped their subpoena of him just to testify. What leads us to believe he will be actually criminally indicted?

What will happen is that Trump will run for president, will win the Republican nomination, and will win a bunch of states. Hopefully not too many states, but if he does, he will re-ascend to the White House, Joe Biden will politely step aside as is the norm, and that will be the end of that.

But even if he does not become president again, Trump will get away with it. His family will get away with it. His top lieutenants, both business and MAGA, will get away with it. They will all get away with all of it.

The only people who won't get away with it will be some true-believing mid-level accountant or campaign manager, some currently-anonymous mope who will be sacrificed on the altar and will never know what hit them.

The main thing I do agree with you on here is that we are not all the same under the law. That's been proven out so many millions of times over the past 240-odd years that it hardly bears mentioning, except as a counterweight to any ridiculous assertion that we are.

All of that is correct.  The only thing to be determined will be what other things he'll get away with if he becomes president again (which is a real possibility).  I think one of the main reasons he'll get away with it is that so many other politicians are also committing crimes (to a lesser degree than Trump) and they want to keep on getting away with it.  They all like their lack of accountability and don't want to set a precedent.  

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I think one of the main reasons he'll get away with it is that so many other politicians are also committing crimes (to a lesser degree than Trump) and they want to keep on getting away with it.  They all like their lack of accountability and don't want to set a precedent.  

I hadn't really thought of it in these terms but I can see where that might be true.